Professor Paddle: WTB lady Sea Kayak vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Buy \ Sell \ Give \ Receive
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Buy \ Sell \ Give \ Receive
Message Icon Topic: WTB lady Sea Kayak Post Reply Post New Topic
not-very-clever
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote not-very-clever Replybullet Topic: WTB lady Sea Kayak
    Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 3:20pm
My lady is looking to buy a used touring sea kayak around the 16-17 foot length.  I think her top choice would be a composite boat like a Necky Eliza or a Nigel Dennis kayak.  ideally sans rudder, and rather with a skeg. but definitely open to rudders and also open to plastic boats.

She's small so a smaller  (narrower) boat that can still hold some overnight gear, with a little rocker capable of surfing and being in rough weather.

Let me know if you have any leads

thanks

pete
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Mark47n
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mark47n Replybullet Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 8:24am
How big is she? 

Is she looking for something nimble or can haul gear?  This is a key point.  Are you talking NDK/SKUK Romany or Pilgrim?  The Eliza is sort of an all around boat and, as such doesn't shine in any one category.  Have you considered a a Valley Avocet? 

Unless there is a rush, you may be well served coming to the Northwest Paddling Festival on May 11.  there will be several distributors and retailers there with a huge beach of boats to try out ranging from the rec boats to the expedition boats to the waveski's.  Access to the demo's is only $5 and sitting in a few different boats will really pay off in the long run.  For instance, as much as I appreciate NDK boats, I don't find them comfortable and prefer Valley.  I've met plenty of other people that go the other way. 

Disclaimer: I'm the Valley Ambassador and one of the folks responsible for this event.
You mean I'm supposed to wear something UNDER my spray skirt? Where's the fun in that?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version