Professor Paddle: Want to learn to row? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Want to learn to row? Post Reply Post New Topic
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Want to learn to row?
    Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 12:57pm
Just gonna throw this out there for anyone reading in cyberland. Slickhorn is going to blush and act all coy but he is a master on the sticks and anyone that goes is getting a bargain. You better bring some craft beers to treat the guy out. I know that my second time behind the oars was an trip down the green and I was scared like a kitten in a dog pound, but I just followed him down trying to do what he did and I learned a ton just from watching him.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
AdamG
Paddler
Paddler

Quote AdamG Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 2:55pm
Slickhorn-

Me and my wife are very interested in this. I will be the proud owner of a new 14' aire with frame at the end of March and would be interested in trips after that. I learned to row on the Grand at 24k two years ago but would appreciate some instruction and some skills.

I'm doing the MFS and Selway in June and if my wife goes, I will be rowing. Yes, thats right, back to back MF/Selway trips, a lucky year for the group of friends I apply with.

I will send you my email and phone number in a PM, let us know when you're planning trips. Cheers,

Adam
jwcook
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote jwcook Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:51pm
I would be really interested, but I won't have my own raft till later this year. My cave diving trip to florida this coming april sucked up my raft funds. I've only had a few hours rowing on class I to II before the takeout on the Rogue and 3 or so years of kayaking.

Edited by jwcook - 22 Feb 2013 at 11:53pm
http://vimeo.com/user3038955
jwcook
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote jwcook Replybullet Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 6:44pm
I couldn't find one locally to rent or borrow, I guess i'll wait till I have all my pennies saved up to purchase the boat.

Unless you want to go on the docile Grande Ronde in June. I'll probably be renting a raft for that float since I can't seem to convince too many folks to self support a float out of kayaks, which would be a great practice before the Rogue self support in October. Thanks though.
http://vimeo.com/user3038955
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version