Professor Paddle: Travelin' Paddler vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Travelin' Paddler Post Reply Post New Topic
megspk
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote megspk Replybullet Topic: Travelin' Paddler
    Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 4:34pm

So I am new to kayaking, but I've been doing lots of it since this summer. This weekend I got to do my first multi-day self support and it was awesome.

This trip led to lots of thinking about kayaking and what I want to do with it. I have come up with a plan so I can kayak as much as possible   

My job allows me to travel within the US and I can get jobs in 3 month increments. This job also allows me to take time off between jobs which is another bonus. My plan is to get a motorhome to live out of while I travel, work, and, now, KAYAK.

I am currently in Washington and will be here til January at least, maybe till April. Then the plan is to go to Oregon or maybe Boise for a few months.

I am asking people on PP for suggestions of states and areas to live that are awesome for whitewater kayaking. So if you could live anywhere and get lots of paddling in, where would it be?! What are the best rivers you have paddled in the US?

If anyone has ever lived out of a motorhome what kind would they suggest? I am looking at a class C. I don't have much stuff, just need to tow my Subie!

I look forward to reading everyone's responses!!   
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 4:45pm
Asheville, NC or Coloma, CA.

Prolly the best places you could live if you want to get a lot of fun, friendly boating in. Or just stay here: WA is the Mecca of boating as far as I'm concerned :)
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
WhiteWater
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote WhiteWater Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 6:30pm
Hood river in oregon. The little white salmon is the best in my book. N yes i here NC is awesome aswell like dan said. Have fun!

Edited by WhiteWater - 24 Oct 2012 at 6:34pm
All rivers lead to Mr. Extreme!
tracy2303
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote tracy2303 Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 7:46pm
North Carolina is a great place lots of rivers to paddle for all skill levels,there is a great paddling community friendly and helpful. I lived in the southeast for 15 years and have only been in Washington a 1 1/2 it's nice here but not as friendly .
meryl
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote meryl Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 9:22pm
Salida, CO is fun in the summertime. Fayetteville, WV is fun in the fall. Ventura Beach, CA is nice for surfing in the winter. Kernsville, CA is worth a look, not sure about work there though. I'd also definitely recommend some time in the SE.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version