Professor Paddle: mystery below FITW vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: mystery below FITW Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Scott_H
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Scott_H Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 8:50am
Good info - thanks!  Definitely on the list of runs to scope in the future.

Also gained a new adjective - "calescent".  Had to look that one up.
“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
JD_G
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote JD_G Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 10:00am
Yes, 'Taco Bobs'.....at lower water if you aren't pointed straight for the slot on the right.....well, you get the picture. Mentioning water level, the Denny stretch has a pretty wide range....700 - 1,500 on the SF Snoq gage. There's also a stick gage downstream river left at Denny Cmpgrd, which should be between 3.2 - 4.1. High flows clean-up the tweener stuff, and make it fun, while the bigger drops are still reasonable. Jon mentioned putting in at the exit to the Franklin stretch....there's a good pull-out next to this, where you'll see the tight 20' that lands on/next to rock, and the "Plunger", which is the 10' start to the Denny Stretch is just downstream.

The stretch at Denny Cmpgrd is the best series on the run, and I've done laps on that in the past when I was looking for a quick hit. The drop under the bridge at Denny Cmpgrd has a wood logjam ledge that is boofable, just make sure to "stick it".
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:40pm
I just want to say I've been stoked since JayB revived this thread- I read it when it originally unfolded, and its just as good a read now! Gotta love a little Shertle wisdom (Frat-water),

And now Almquist drops "calecent" on us (I also had to reach for the Websters, though the context gave me a pretty good idea. I never turn down the opportunity to learn a new word).

Some colorful names tucked in there, fellas.
Class is in session, kids! These "oldschool" guys know how to name rapids and drops, not to mention running the sh*t.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jalmquist
McNasty
McNasty

Quote jalmquist Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 12:56pm
"oldschool"?  That would be old's cool! 
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by jP

I just want to say I've been stoked since JayB revived this thread- I read it when it originally unfolded, and its just as good a read now! Gotta love a little Shertle wisdom (Frat-water),

And now Almquist drops "calecent" on us (I also had to reach for the Websters, though the context gave me a pretty good idea. I never turn down the opportunity to learn a new word).

Some colorful names tucked in there, fellas.
Class is in session, kids! These "oldschool" guys know how to name rapids and drops, not to mention running the sh*t.

I too am a big fan of "calescent." Clearly jalmquist has the lexical chops to match his paddling prowess.

Anyhow - can you use your magical moderator powers to create an entry for this run, or share some wisdom on how us regular users can add a river entry?
-Jay
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 9:48pm
Hey Mods:

Now that you're back from the ball, let's get that river entry going for this section....
-Jay
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 11:50pm
Bump.

C'mon Rio Banditos - let's add an entry for this run and get the info presented here someplace where fellow paddlers can actually use it.

Muchas Gracias...
-Jay
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version