Professor Paddle: May Day vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Chit Chat
 Professor Paddle : General : Chit Chat
Message Icon Topic: May Day Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:17pm
On a funny lighter note, our violent protests were over political issues and were minor property damages caused by some jerks not even part of the protesting cause.

Unlike this one event in recent canadian history.... you MUST CLICK THIS LINK TO LAUGH ... Screw Politics and Social Reform... We need a good sporting team in Seattle!!!!

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:30pm
My favorites.

http://thesecretsofvancouver.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rioter-BMW.jpg
Because we don't want you wash*tonians messin with our scene! Wonder if the kind folks of BC offered to pay for his car?

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot5.jpg
Just because he is awesome

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot9.jpg
Because I can't figure out why he is holding a bloody leg

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot14.jpg
Because kung foo kicks like this should be on everyones wish list

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot16.jpg
Because Looting is ok if your not the only one doing it

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot17.jpg
Because at least these guys are using the legs and they aren't bloody. Still whats with the legs.

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot38.jpg
No CUTSIES in the PORTA POTTY LINE ASSHOLE

Edited by James - 04 May 2012 at 1:31pm
Meghan
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote Meghan Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:03pm
Get your Jack Handey 'Deep Thoughts' here
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
thad2000
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote thad2000 Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:14pm
A friend of mine always says if you don't like it why don't you go live somewhere else. I was struck today by what nice little colonies we would live in if the terrorists of ole followed that advice.
Also; we look and say a couple of assholes that caused problems... and while it might be easy to be dismissive, why didn't the protesters stop them? Misguided and misdirected doesn't necessarily mean that the anger and frustration aren't real or perhaps even justified. They might even be shared by a majority. The question is; how do we direct that frustration and anger in a positive way that can better our situation?
I remember watching TV on the mess decks of the U.S. Rodney M. Davis when it was announced we where invading Iraq again. I forgot myself and exasperatedly said aloud to the TV "They don't have weapons of mass destruction!" Immediately I found I was not in the majority where I was as 3 or 4 of my shippies turned on me asking what the hell I meant. Right or wrong, that's what happens when your out of step with the crowd. It's also what happens when anger is misdirected. I am still amazed at how many people think we invaded Iraq because of their part in 9/11.    
I don't want this to be about Iraq, or the economy, or.. vandalism.. Those are single issues. They may serve as a symptom of an ailment, but they are not the whole problem. I'm more interested in misuse of power. I can't help but feel the political systems been hijacked and I'd like to see us as a society find a way to get it back on track. I'd like to see a government that's more representative of the people and individual rights.
That said; I hope this post keeps going until next may day!    
why not!
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:09pm

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-- Thomas Jefferson
thad2000
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote thad2000 Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:16am
God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. :)
why not!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:38am
I have tried extremely hard to hold myself back on some posts and keep things simple but I personally think that this issue is just too important to sit on.

If you consider yourself American. If you like Freedom. Please read this whole post.

http://professorpaddle.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12000

Don't comment here, comment there. I don't want to clutter the homepage with my ranting.

Edited by James - 10 May 2012 at 9:39am
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:00am
I think the best thing for all of us to do is to just leave our jobs, not pay taxes, and boat every day. Maybe do side jobs under the table for some cash once in a while.

Edited by dave - 10 May 2012 at 10:01am
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
thad2000
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote thad2000 Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:43am
Sounds good to me! I couldn't go to James link.. But it still d sounds great! my boss is a crook . last check was 2 Weeks late and then it was short 20 hours.
James, your link took me to a sign in page. I get too many letters from Nigeria to trust redirected sign on pages. I was already signed in.
why not!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2012 at 8:49am
Thad you have to log in and then click the link. Sometimes you have to log in twice. There is a double cookie gliche in the code lingering out there that I have yet to fix.
thad2000
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote thad2000 Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:17pm
Finally got the link to work. For some reason I had to right click and open in a new window. It went right to it.   Frustrating misuse of authority. (not James.. the officer.) Right now it seems that power is king and ideals such as justice are swept under the rug as long as you get the money.
With my employer things seem ridiculously stacked in his favor. Can't quit and expect unemployment when he's a full pay period late paying me because it's a labor dispute.. which isn't covered by Unemployment.
I use to be against unions... now that I think it may be the only way to balance out the unequal balance of power it seems that unions have lost all their power. When did that happen?
I will quit soon, then I'll sleep on Dave's couch because he told me to do it. :)
Morally I feel bad for working for the crook I work for because I know it's people like me that keep him in business.
why not!
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version