Professor Paddle: Drunkards & Trinity update vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Drunkards & Trinity update Post Reply Post New Topic
shirepaddler
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shirepaddler Replybullet Topic: Drunkards & Trinity update
    Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:14am
Got on Drunkards yesterday around 11000 cfs on monitor gauge. Water was just going over the top of the new boulder in front of Trinity creating a impressive hole behind it. The reactionary hydraulic extended out 20-30 feet to the middle of the river connecting with the waves on Drunkards right creating a nice pair of very enjoyable waves. I was able to work my way back up right shore and get some laps in. That's the good news.
Bad news is that Trinity was flat...
We'll see how it is today at 12000
Kelly
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:55am
Thanks for the heads up Kelly!     Very curious to hear how the feature looks today after your session!
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:56am
RIP trinity.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:11am
It seemed to me like the wave trained formed off the rock will have play on it at certain levels. I'm guessing just a little less water rather than a little more will be the ticket for the stuff river left with proper eddy service. I predict serious commercial raft carnage at these levels from the hole - should be fun.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:49pm
The rock has really changed the way the water pours through the hallway there. The main flow is in a different place now relative to the bedrock on river bottom. The visual is looking down on the rapid. The bit of rock that forms Trinity seems to be in the same spot, but the flow is very different and so the goodness that was Trinity is, at least for now, not really surfable.. I was on it about 2 today, 10,500 on Peshastin. And last but not least... the new rock is huge and the hole it made was about a 7 foot tall pourover, 15 feet wide. The hole seemed boxed in on both sides by current and I could see the top of the boil from where I was at the top of the eddy. It was at least 20 feet downstream and I would guess 5-4 feet taller than the seam in the bottom of the hole. Definitely a massive depressed hole with a ton of flow hooking straight into it. I would say it's the stompiest, raft-flippin-ist hole on the Wenatchee. I stay away for now. Snuck the meat on the leftearlier. Sam hit the right side, flip an flush. We'll see what it looks like at 5:30. The rapid is definitely different. The commercial line is gonna change. There is gonna be some commercial destruction in that hole. The left side of Boulder Bend is just looong. This is like a Grand Canyon sized monster.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:53pm
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:55pm
I'm training guides on the wenatchee this weekend, should be interesting seeing what happens with that.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by n8r78

I predict serious commercial raft carnage at these levels from the hole - should be fun.

HELL YEAH!!!

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:56pm
TRINITY, of course, will be missed.

Me n El Diablo were just gettin jiggy wit dat, too.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 5:57pm
Run the hole Jed! You da man!!!!
Nomad
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:04pm
So, what about the old Hawaii Five O wave? Is the rock where the wave used to be? Downstream of it? I guess if the wave is still there it'll mean a flip in the hole directly afterward.

I agree w/ Fish Stix:

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Jule
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Jule Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:26am
Sorry no pictures. Yesterday at 10500 there was a very large hole in the exact spot where Hawaii 5-0 used to be. Some rollercoaster waves downstream of it, but nothing surfable.
shirepaddler
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote shirepaddler Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 11:43am
hoping to get out after work today for another run. it's 12900 on monitor gauge and it poured last night so hopefully it'll nudge up a bit more. if i go i'll take a camera and post some pics...
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 12:24am
I'm looking forward to takin breaks on the sidelines and watching the commercial rafters get stomped.
I'm really going to miss Trinity though. Had some of the best surfs in my life on that wave!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 4:31am
One time I was cuttin a rug on Trinity, flirting w/ rafts coming down, specificly, at the moment, a raft full of girls. I dodged surfer's right just as the raft dropped into the maw, yelling "Whooo!" Like the Cle Elum "Whooo" Man (maybe a few of you remember the Whooo). As it rode up to the crest, the raft stalled out, its stern hanging over the crest. I cut back to surfer's left underneath the stern of the raft, and once again yelled "Whooo!!".

It was surreal the way it worked out, the way time seemed to stretch to allow this. I mean, I was right underneath the stern of the raft, surfing the trough while the stalled raft pointed downstream stalled out on the crest.

According to the kayakers in the eddy, two of the girls in the raft, upon hearing me yell "Whooo!!" Jumped up off the tube of their raft.

Drunkards Wave and Trinity were my favorite raft dodging spots. And raft dodging is my favorite surfing activity.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
NateW
McNasty
McNasty

Quote NateW Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 6:55am
There was a surfable wave rive left with eddy service yesterday on drunkards...
shirepaddler
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote shirepaddler Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 11:16am
I uploaded 2 photos of Trinity at 13k on Monitor gauge. One pic is of Trinity proper and the other one was from the Trinity eddy looking up at the rock pour-over and mess of a hydraulic created by it. It'd be a sporty line running thru that thing in a  playboat at this level.
Trinity was very surfable, but low. It's gonna take another 1-2k to get her going.
However, with more flow being pushed river right the sweet hole/wave that forms at the end of the Drunkards wave train was amazing at this level. Big and powerful with a sweet right shoulder
see ya out there
Kelly
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version