Professor Paddle: Lost paddle: need Tues 4/24 Upper/Lower Green help vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Lost paddle: need Tues 4/24 Upper/Lower Green help Post Reply Post New Topic
warlickone
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote warlickone Replybullet Topic: Lost paddle: need Tues 4/24 Upper/Lower Green help
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 7:50pm
Hey y'all,

I swam on the green today when hitting the log in let's make a deal/stano rock. My paddle, a light colored wooden bent shaft, is somewhere downstream of there. I need partners to go look for it.   

If anyone can get out for some green laps tomorrow, let me know. I wanna go look for it. Take it easy.....Jim Warlick
828-337-4508
Jim 828-337-4508
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
warlickone
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote warlickone Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 8:04pm
Hey...this includes partners for the lower green too. I'd like to firs look at the upper then do the lower. There are so many places it could ne on the upper that I think I should start there. Jim
Jim 828-337-4508
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:54pm
Yeah, Jim. I really think we should do a dawn patrol. Give the Upper a good scan from LetsMakeADeal on down, and then run (or have some volunteers run) the Lower tomorrow afternoon and pro actively look for it. There is a very good chance that we will find it if as many PPeeps as possible rally the Green tomorrow. Upper, Lower, both, whatever. Organize your own search crews and make a game of it. I will personally present an Arrogant Bastard Ale to the paddler(s) that find it.

It's possible that the river is keeping it safe somewhere visible, waiting for us to spot it. There are many places it can get hung up before Flaming Gyser. Have Faith, Jim- that is a beautiful paddle. A Fallen Ent in the river may have seperated you from your stick, but perhaps another has picked it up for you to find...
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:45am
If anyon wants to do a sundown run on the lower, I might be tempted to join. But we'll be getting on the water around 6. I know there's enough light, and the flows will move us along at a good pace, but I doubt anyone wants to go.
nnln.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:19pm
It'll be a good flow. If I get to Paradise after my Upper Green Run, and you are there with shuttle set at Flaming Gyser, I will run the lower with you. But if shuttle isn't already set when I get to paradise, and if you aren't there getting dressed, I'll probably just take out.

So what you need Grinch is to:
-line up one more person so you can drop a rig at Flamin G,
-be up at Paradise between 6 and 6:30
-contact me if you want to coordinate.

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:42pm
Bump.
Went out again last night (on the Upper) and didn't see it. I was focused on some of the obvious wood collection zones. I think as the river is coming down it may hopefully be found.

C'mon PPeeps: make this community truly worthy of praise:
Go run the Green this week! (Upper and Lower)
Flows are great, and Jim's paddle was a hand crafted work of art.
We need to find it.

Bump.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
I was going to mess with you Jim, but it is spring runoff season and you need your paddle bad! Plus I am going to leave tomorrow for a few days on the Wenanchee.

SO, we found your paddle and I am holding it ransom!

Come get it!!

I left a voicmail too...

It was jamed under a rock river left below the Nozzle about 4 rapids down (1.5 miles) in a big eddy just past a big boof rock. I just barley saw the blade sticking out. It is in perfect shape pogies and all!

Edited by dave - 26 Apr 2012 at 9:07pm
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:27pm
Yup- it was good that a lot of PPeeps were out. From Lets Make A Deal on down we all kept our eyes peeled, checking the wood collecting eddies, ect. In one eddy we found a single flip flop and a brand new Nalgene! Dave was looking more creatively into some of the out of the way nooks and crannies when he gave out an ecstatic yell.

I've never seen any gnomes on the green, but some sort of elves or hobbits or something must've decided to let it be found.

Anyway, we were all stoked for ya!
Dave was the one who spied it though, just so you know who to bestow some beer toward.

Looks like its in great shape!!!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
thorpetodd
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote thorpetodd Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 9:48am
nice find!
warlickone
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote warlickone Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:36pm
That paddle is now safely in the back of my truck. I'm so thankful for the community action there that brought it out. Well done guys. That river's geology has a lot of hiding places. It likely was some gnome that decided to give it back. I owe yall one. Jim
Jim 828-337-4508
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version