Professor Paddle: Robe Race date set vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Robe Race date set Post Reply Post New Topic
WA-Boater
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote WA-Boater Replybullet Topic: Robe Race date set
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 12:23pm
Robe Canyon Downriver Race 2012

April 28th...unless it changes again. I had trouble finding it on facebook, so here it is...

Darren

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
jondufay
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote jondufay Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:39pm

sweet

Edited by jondufay - 13 Apr 2012 at 4:40pm
ahh, f--- it dude, lets go boating...
zenofww
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote zenofww Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:59pm
Hey PPer's,

Chris here with some more direct info for the Robe Canyon Downriver race.

I will be keeping track of things going on here on PP, but the majority of info I post and the place to sign up to volunteer or submit your team will be on the Facebook site. here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/279593802120729/284686224944820/

Great! Seems like people have been out training or at least getting some runs in!

So once again the race date is saturday April 28th @ 10:00 A.M. . If flows do not work out for saturday we may move the date to sunday. If that does not work then hopefully we will give the next weekend a try.

To make this whole shee-bang work out we will need at least 2 Timekeepers at the put-in, 2 timekeepers at the take-out, and 5 teams...

SO SIGN UP in the comments section on the facebook page if you have any interest in helping volunteer or to sign up your team.

The flows we are looking for this year are going to be between 4.9 and 6.0ft. F.Y.I There is a chance if I lose too many people because its 6.0 ft I may post-pone the race.

We will be starting the race in the same place as last year, below T-1 rapid on the river left side. The finish line is the same and still Landslide rapid is a MANDATORY portage.

The winning team gets to take home the glamorous Robe Canyon robes with their names embroidered on them (at a later date of course). Also, coming down with the boys in B.C. will be the infamous Robe Gnome, he plans to go home with the team that comes in D.F.L.

We will try and have a bit of a party at the take-out after the race. If all goes well we may have some BBQ food or snacks for everyone.

Also, it always helps if people carpool and/or bring some big trucks to help aid in the mega-shuttling that will ensue.

So, lets plan to meet at 10:00 A.M at the Take-out for the run. This is a team meeting for a rundown of the the usual rules of the race. Also to organize safety boaters. I will try and put up a tent on the river side of the road and just beyond the gate (where you climb up the stairs on the way out of the river).

We will try and start the race by noon, the timing of this part is always hard to judge but everyone should be able to get to the start line by then.

If all goes well we will announce the winners by 4:30 P.M. and drink some beer.

And again, post on the facebook site to sign up to volunteer or race, its the only way we can make this event possible!

Thanks everyone!
zenofww
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote zenofww Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 6:23pm
So its quite wet right now with more precipitation on the way. The predictors are showing that the levels for the Robe are to be quite high this weekend. Tomorrow late afternoon I will make the decision wether to postpone the race from Saturday the 28th to Sunday the 29th or to call it off until the weekend of May 5th-6th.

Hopefully things will work out for this weekend, but, thats the way it flows...

Thanks for hanging in there everyone,

Chris
ChristianKnight
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote ChristianKnight Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 7:58pm
Hey Chris: Could you try to make the decision as early as possible? I have one day free and the other tied up, with obligations to the other. So it would be great to give the people to whom I am obligated a little bit of notice. (They don't understand the fluctuations of rivers).
Catch your eddies,
Christian
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
AMcEwan
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote AMcEwan Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2012 at 5:38pm
Race postponed to next weekend. But Robe surely won't spend the weekend all alone.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:33am
Lookin like the Robe Race is officially set for a Sun morning meet up. How fitting we go to CHURCH on a Sunday. Anyway, 10am at the takeout. May 6th
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Force
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Force Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:52am
Hi All,

Well the weather and river forecast looks good for this weekend. Lets plan to have the race Sunday May 6 10am at the takeout and look to confirm Friday evening. I realize some people maybe out of town but if it doesn't happen this weekend we may get shut out. Todd has generously left us with NB goods and it maybe even sunny on race day...

Please spread the word and if you're not planning to race safety boaters at the normal gnome hideouts and timers are always welcome. My email is force_leif@yahoo.com Cheerios
Force
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Force Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:36pm
The riverflow and weather still looks to be in range. Lets do this!

PS - We need two volunteers for the takeout timing...anyone interested?
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version