Professor Paddle: Habitat pre-orders vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Habitat pre-orders Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Logan
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Logan Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:10am
All this over a movie title? Also I'm unfamiliar with the doubledicktwister? Does this move require a Happy Thruster?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 8:00am
Is willfish a troll?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 8:17am
Hey willfish, or should I say, Leaf... Hugo maybe?

I think creekboating IS the number one most "universally understood" ?? style or type of whitewater kayaking. What do my non-kayaking family members think of most when they hear the terms "whitewater" and "kayaking" ?? It isn't slalom gates, it's a kayaker kayaking off a waterfall, or at least something white and frothy.

You know, your tone is a little unfriendly... friend. We prefer a little more friendly banter around here. So are you gonna buy a movie or what? I pre-ordered mine. I like history, I'm sure Habitat has all the good stuff anyway.

Brett

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
                             ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by water wacko - 12 Apr 2012 at 8:18am
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:21am
Logan, you don't need a happy thruster to do the doubledicktwister, but it is impossible to do solo.
Originally posted by willfish

I make a film called "Rectangles" and promote it with a trailer the shows nothing but squares.  There are red squares, blue squares, and numerous other colors, but no other forms of rectangles.  If someone questions me about whether other types of rectangles are covered by the movie, and if not, suggests the title is inaccurate, do they deserve a reply such as yours?

So then what your saying is that Paddle Rafting, R2, R4, etc.. and Rowing are not forms of Rafting?

It would be more accurate to say this don't you agree.
I make a film called "Rectangles" and promote it with a trailer the shows nothing but various shapes of Rectangles.  There are red ones, blue ones, and numerous other colors, but no squares or other shapes. Then some dipsh*t starts arguing about whether other types of squares and circles are covered by the movie, and if not, suggests the title is inaccurate... They deserve this reply.

The trailer showed paddle rafting, rowing rafts, and a single clip of a cat being rowed. The title is "35 years of whitewater rafting in the Pacific Northwest". You are arguing that they don't have enough footage of Cats and First D's of people rowing?

Rather than get into a further rant, can someone please help me understand this analogy of rectangles because (to use an analogy) I feel like I am listening to Mary Schapiro explain SEC Enforcement Policy...

Edited by James - 12 Apr 2012 at 9:22am
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:40am
But I vicariously live through my keyboard these days... 
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:16pm
http://www.professorpaddle.com/media/photoview.asp?file_id=3933
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:29pm
Wow. Haven't seen a poo slinging fest around here for a long time. Hell, I ain't even been able to start one. Good job, Willfish:

We got ourselves a case of PP classic here. I can't stop laughing. Sorry, James- I've been slacking lately as the primary poo slinger, so you must've subconciously felt you needed to fill in for me.

Well, Mama is a Hobbit and Daddy is a troll. Yall wanna see a troll round here again? Well, here we go.

Professor Paddle get ready...

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:38pm
OK, THIS THREAD HAS GOTTEN SO RIDICULOUS.
Willfish, man, you be barken up the wrong tree.
But for the sake of entertainment I'll pretend I agree
With you and the silly poo you spew...

So here goes...

Yeah, WTF, Ryan Scott and Hans?!!!
That's right!
Callin you OUT!

Where's the whitewater history of Middle Earth? I mean, Hobbits boat, too, ya know. What? You can't represent them? And how bout all of them elves in Rivendell? Most bad ass paddle makers in Middle Earth- one stroke and you can boof three waterfalls. And you never even mentioned them. Tisk tisk, Red Shack. I haven't even seen the film, and I'm disappointed. I mean, what?! You don't have a blue screen studio in the Red Shack? No CGI?

Damn. Gandalf is gonna be pissed. Bunch of ents be striding into The Hood right now to hunt down your puny Subaru and fling that sh*t up to Goldendale.

AS FAR AS THE TITLE, I haven't even seen the trailer, but supposedly it might be a quote of some Arrogant Bastard. At least that's what I heard. There's more of the Edit Button for ya, Slick!

Edited by jP - 12 Apr 2012 at 8:03pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:45pm
Sorry Will. Just some ridiculous humor. Hope it lightens the mood. Its just things got a little blown out of proportion. Sooner or later we'll realize that this medium is inherently suceptible to this. Its silly though- regardless of YOUR expectations of the movie you'd like to see, these guys put their heart and soul into the movie they wanted to make. It took dedication, time, schediling, planning, ect. And they ain't exactly gonna retire from the box office, ya dig?

Dude, there's tons of books on Lewis and Clark. Ok? There's room for more. That's the good news. So if their documentary leaves stuff out, go out and supplement it w/ your own. But to critique a movie you haven't seen is a bit out of line. Even for a troll like me.

Oh, and enclosed is a little judicious use of the edit button, just for you, Slick. So there!

Edited by jP - 12 Apr 2012 at 7:56pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:54pm
Nice Teddy quote, Bret. But, while we're on the subject of history, you could personally (along w/ most contemporary boaters) stand to learn a little about your sport's roots. 'Cuz Slalom STARTED IT ALL, kid. Have you seen Kent Ford's video? Just wondering. Cuz I know you love paddling and you said you like history. I got a copy if you ever want to borrow it.

Oh- I wanna run Robe tomorrow. You available? Can't leave 160th PnR till about 2:30 or 3 tho. Just throwin it out there.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 8:06pm
But, I'm still not sure how squares and rectangles factor into all this. Aren't rafts considered "round boats"?

Wouldn't that make cat boats Paralellagrams? I don't know. I was busy drawing naked ladies with super hero capes during 8th grade geometry.

One last use of the edit button, just for you Slick:

Edited by jP - 12 Apr 2012 at 8:16pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
willfish
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote willfish Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:09am

Yes, I’m a real person.  My full name was requested and I provided it previously.  No, I’m not a troll.  If I were inclined toward such things, there would have been far more entertaining ways to go about it.

Brett....I appreciate the evenness of your posts.  You are correct…my last post had an unfriendly tone.  I should have just let Tom’s post slide, but I engaged and, in hindsight, wish I’d had more restraint.  Two wrongs don’t make a right. The TR quote is one of my favorites and has frequently provided inspiration over the years in asking unpopular questions as well as in my own endeavors.   

While it sounds like my kayak analogy is a bit off, I can assure all of you that the logical algebra in the rectangle analogy is spot-on.  One may substitute for either geography or craft and it works.

Whomever cares to keep reading.....We live in a time where people have unprecedented access to an unprecedented volume and diversity of information.  Yet people increasingly choose to surround themselves with those of similar interest, reinforce pre-existing positions, and frequently eschew outside ideas.  This thread has turned into an excellent example of that.  Direct questions should not be confused with tone, accusations, or attack.  The world exists in shades of grey and simply because someone has a question does not mean that they're pee-ing all over someone's work.  ProfessorPaddle has turned out to be an eye-opening place to ask questions about a rafting movie.  Time will reveal if similar questions arise on other web-lists more broadly populated by rafters and where fewer personal connections to the producers and subjects exist.   

Red Shack....I applaud you and Hans for your effort.  My line of questioning was intended to feel out how comprehensive your project is.  If you take offense at that, so be it.  However, I would expect that by taking on a historical project you anticipated that questions would arise.  Since I haven’t seen your movie, I have kept my questions and commentary conditional to give you the benefit of the doubt.  If you go back and read my posts, you will also find a number of compliments.  You replied directly to my questions and gave as much of an answer as I could expect pre-release.  Thank-you for providing a post with substance.  Kudos to you for your outreach to Idaho and NoCal.  Projects such as yours are labors of love and you appear to have taken admirable steps in telling a portion rafting history. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, we stand on the shoulders of those that have preceded us and I have the utmost respect for many of your subjects.  I look forward to seeing the movie.

Cheers
Will

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:24am
will, your words still carry a pompous tone. Leaf would approve, but the general PP community doesn't. I would ask you directly to please keep your postings... friendly. Friendly enough that you don't have to pre-post to explain the intent of your posts and that you don't have to post-post in order to tell the one or two folks who responded how they missed your point. JP is our resident sh*t-slinger and he's about all PP's servers can handle. So please... be nice. Make friends. And let's paddle.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 9:10am
JP is our resident sh*t-slinger and he's about all PP's servers can handle

Can I get and Amen, and a Hallejulah!!!

I may now step out of that roll and join Will.

Will sorry your first question and exposure to the community was a raw dog deal. I think discussing this over and over is worth less and less each time because we are clearly not agreeing on the most basic of understandings. So here are a few last tidbits to consider.

Tone, and Intent are very difficult to interpret over the web. We all might have interpreted your post wrong... who are we to determine that, you are the one that wrote it. We can all use a little correction in being slow to blast other people and certainly online when things can be so easily mis-understood. And then to wrap up this point, when anyone, anywhere sees a brand new user making his first post, the thought can either be Troll, or Who is this guy. Neither are good, rather it should be, sweet we got a new friend here. That was certainly not the story of this wild thread.

And to play the advocate and close my last post on this thread. It would seem that everyone in this entire thread agrees on how they view your post. That does not mean everyone is right about your intent or tone, what it means is that you might consider adjusting your method of communication because people are clearly not pickin up what you are puttin down.

~ Jp is here so nutty P b Out
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version