Professor Paddle: Lost Paddle-Lower White Salmon vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Lost \ Found \ Stolen
 Professor Paddle : Classifieds : Lost \ Found \ Stolen
Message Icon Topic: Lost Paddle-Lower White Salmon Post Reply Post New Topic
getout247
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote getout247 Replybullet Topic: Lost Paddle-Lower White Salmon
    Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 9:39am
Greetings all,

After a humbling beatdown handed to me by Husum, my best friend Werner floated downstream.  Unfortunately, with my extended downtime I didn't get to see him off in a proper fashion.  I feel cheated out of the opportunity and would like the chance to re-unite for other adventures and a perhaps a proper send at a further date.  He also took along with him my a set of pogies and a foam foot block.   

Levity aside, I'm missing a Black/black Werner Carbon 200 cm bent shaft absolutely no identifying markers except the pogies that may or may not still be attached.  Pogies are dark blue/black NRS.  Location is somewhere between Husum and the Pacific.
I've left word with the guys down at Kayak Shed if it's convienient to drop it off there as I'm up in Washington, but I'll travel to get it so let me know.  Of course the standard 6 pack of choice reward is in full affect.  Cell is 509-969-260seven.  Call or text.

As a side note/reminder:  We boaters get comfortable with familiarity and perhaps soften our respect for the power of the river occasionally.  I was just such a sucker.  In 15 years of boating I'd run Husum dozens of times without incident.  Yet it was one poorly executed stroke, angle, edge or moment of fait that resulted in 25+ seconds of down time and 3 significant slams to the bottom of the river.  So choose your lines carefully, stay on point and if you're not really feeling a drop....portage.  If for no other reason...beer tastes so much better out of a glass. 

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
tiziak
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tiziak Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 12:21pm
I lost a backup paddle there too

Lame sauce man. Hope you get it back.

Have you posted on PDX?
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Daniel Patrinellis
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version