Professor Paddle: Liquid logic vs. Jackson playboats vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Liquid logic vs. Jackson playboats Post Reply Post New Topic
ENDO
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ENDO Replybullet Topic: Liquid logic vs. Jackson playboats
    Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 5:14pm
I have a liquid logic play boat with a foam support column in the center. I noticed that the Jackson boats dont have that and it made getting in and out of similarly sized boats way more comfortable. Im nervous to remove the block from the liquid logic boat though. Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:06pm
What boats are you comparing? their playboats? I think that all boats should have a center pillar regardless if their creek boats, river runners, or play boats. You can still get pinned in a play boat. I would say keep it, but if it's really killing you having it in there you could try it out without it, but I'd recommend testing the structural integrity of the hull before you take it on the water (ie, stand on the deck of the boat with the pillar gone and see what happens to the deck and hull.

Now that I re-read your post, do you mean that the pillar doesn't extend all the way to the bow of the boat (in jacksons)? if so you can trim down the foam near the bow (of your LL boat) but keep the majority of the pillar intact.

In just about all my boats with a pillar that extends to the bow I have to trim the pillar so my heels will touch in order for me to fit into the boat.

Hope that helps.
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
ENDO
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote ENDO Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:22pm
A jackson star compared to my liquid logic vision. The center pillar in the vision seems much bulkier and with my large feet and really long legs it seems to get in the way. When I was playboating with the star i could pop right in easily.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 6:44am
ENDO, I just read this. I remember paddling a Vision 56 a while back and seem to recall the center pillar being a bit bulkier than the all star. That's good, actually, it allows for a nice trim fit. Just think of it as your ski boot liners come as a solid block of foam and you have to carve away everything except YOUR liners. Cool concept, but probably not as labor intensive for your application Carve out what needs to be gone so your feet can play nice in there, but not too much. Enough to feel comfortable so you're not thinking about how much you have to move your feet so they quit stinging.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
ENDO
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote ENDO Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2012 at 10:57pm
Thanks! Love the boat, but my feet were dead after about 20 minutes!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version