Professor Paddle: Tilton report vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Tilton report Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
BIGWATER
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BIGWATER Replybullet Topic: Tilton report
    Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 6:50pm
well we ran the Tilton today (fri 27th)...... and..... it.....is .... CLEAN!!!   

a few pieces of wood in the boulder garden after scary garry  but nothing to bad...  just stay left at the start of it

was sunny and a great flow ... tree damage down there is not nearly as bad as Oly or other places i have seen this week ... wish i got in there sooner ...... gona be cold and clear so its gona drop steady into the prime play flows over the next 3 or 4  days

you know where ill be ... with the Green all cloged up maby the Tilton will actualy get some people on it this weekend besides the local crew ......or not  hahaha

anyways have fun what ever ya do
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 9:28pm
Ha ha- well, slick, as we discussed earlier at great length, the Green just got a lot dirtier. Quite technical now!

Yay for the Tilton!!! Not Very Clever just suggested it as a possibiliy for sunday ( or someone did- i forget who)

Its a tempting option for Sunday...
Slick--?
Warlick--?

Maybe that's the call for sunday if flows are decent
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
BrianP
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BrianP Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 9:40pm
I may be interested, depends on whether or not I get out tomorrow.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:04pm
K- after this post I oughtta unplug. Too much excessive posting!!! I need to get a life. Wait. I have one. I just left it at the next put in of my choice.

For me, Sunday looks like any of these possibilities, listed in the most likely order:

Tilton
U Green Gorge
Robe Reprise (flows permitting)

Then again, gotta check guages. There maybe a couple of Fools I gotta go rescue from some Canyon -- just kiddin, my brothers! You know I can't resist a good play on words! Tell me how it works out, if you're reading this.

Bigwah, if Tilton looks likely I may get yr # via PM or somethin. Hell, I might even bust out the toyboat! Prolly throw in w/ Slick if the Tilton plan is a go...

Brian P you should try to hit it up!
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 10:47pm
Interested in the Tilton on Sunday. Interested in carpooling if other folks are heading down from the greater Seattle area.
-Jay
BrianP
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BrianP Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:33pm
I'd also be interested in a carpool..I'm in northgate.
nelsonwoods
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote nelsonwoods Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:37pm
right now i have plans to run the lower green on sunday, but space permitting on a possible carpool i could be persuaded to run the tilton. never been down there before. gonna be the last weekend for me for a few weeks, work is taking over. i live in yelm and can meet somewhere if someone is willing to give me a lift.
BrianP
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BrianP Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:56pm
Nelson, I hear you. I'd be up for either, but it seems like a good time to get the tilton. We should get in touch tomorrow.
nelsonwoods
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote nelsonwoods Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:58pm
agreed. 406-459-8352
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:42am
Brian and Nelson: if I were you guys, I'd DEFINITELY pull the trigger on the Tilton plan. Even if it didn't drop, its in a very manageable range. If it comes down like it probably will it'll be even more so.

I think 1400 is still a fun low level, which is roughly what the forecast shows for sunday. and I'm not sure if I've been on it lower. Bigwater would obviously know better than me-

Read up on it either here on the site's database or in the guide book so you know what to expect. Otherwise if you wanted beta you should PM Bigwater or hell, ask him here.

I may go sunday. I'll know more on saturday eve.

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
BIGWATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BIGWATER Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 12:48am

we are running the Tilton on sat and probably sunday   not sure on times yet but we usealy meet at the take out at 11 or 12

we always carpool from Oly ... we meet at the fred myer in Tumwater (nelson, tumwater isnt very far from yelm is it ?)

anyone feel free to call me in the morning , otherwise maby we will see ya out there

Chris  at   three 6 zero   867 one nine two one
GHannam
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote GHannam Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 10:33am
I'm interested in a Sunday run! Please keep me in the loop
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:11pm
For folks interested in the Seattle area interested in carpooling to the Tilton tomorrow, the north lot at the 65th ST park and ride (right under I-5) is an easy and convenient place to meet.

How about tentatively planning to meet there at 8:00AM tomorrow and then deciding whether to carpool or caravan based on whether or not we're sure we'll be meeting up with people at the takeout at 11:00?
-Jay
Kiwi
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Kiwi Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 3:24pm
good to see the stoke to rally for the tilton! it's worth it!
BRoss
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BRoss Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 5:29pm
I'm down to run the tilton tomorrow with you guys. Jay, 8am at 65th street PnR?
"That boated a lot better than it looked." "It always does until it doesn't."
wallyworld
Paddler
Paddler

Quote wallyworld Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm
Wow. It used to be so exlusive in there. Yo Chris, what's the wave situation at the island? I miss me some Tilton.
let's go get it
BrianP
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BrianP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:08pm
65th &I5 park and ride sounds good to me.
nelsonwoods
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote nelsonwoods Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:15pm
where is the takeout? im probable just going to go there since its only about 45 miles from me.
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by slickhorn

I can take at least 1 and maybe 2 people also. I'm in the south end, probably meeting jP near the 18/I5 interchange. The interurban park and ride off I5 @ exit 156 is also quite convenient.

Do we have a meet time? Meet at takeout or putin?

-b

It'll be a first-time run for me so I'm just going off of Google, but it seems like leaving Seattle at 8:15 or so should allow us to meet up at the takeout at 11:00? Maybe we can check in one the road? My number is dos oh 6 three 2 too tres three one 3. I have JP's number if it's still the one that ends in 36.

BRoss, Brian P - I'll plan on being at the 65th St Park and ride at 8:00. I'll be driving a white 1st gen Tundra with a white canopy and a rack.

-Jay
MN Mike
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote MN Mike Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by nelsonwoods

where is the takeout? im probable just going to go there since its only about 45 miles from me.

Go to the river page (either from the river tab or from the homepage).  You'll see a link at the top that says "river maplet".  Most of the rivers on this site have the GPS for putin/takeouts.  
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by slickhorn

I can take at least 1 and maybe 2 people also. I'm in the south end, probably meeting jP near the 18/I5 interchange. The interurban park and ride off I5 @ exit 156 is also quite convenient.

Do we have a meet time? Meet at takeout or putin?

-b

Affirmative. I'm in. Had to double check the guages and liked what I saw. Good all around flow. And Robe is gonna go thru the roof--I won't want to go nowhere near it according to the forcast.

So yeah, Slickhorn-- call ya in a few to dial in a plan. We could meet at 320th st. Exit in fedway at the PnR (the exit 1mi North of the 18/ I-5 interchange.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:23pm
Take Out is called Ike Kinswa State Park. Discover Pass required.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
BIGWATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BIGWATER Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm
just got back from the Tilton (sat)   was a great surfing flow ... we spent hours surfing at least a half dozzen sweet waves .....could  be a bit low for some of the waves tomorro but the play hole may be good ... we will see how much it drops over nite

im in for another run on Sun  and i have a buddy meeting me there from down south , but id love to car pool from Oly  since im broke .. nelson give me a call maby we can meet in tumwater ( i can take ya right to the take out ) or maby your are just gona drive the back way and avoid I-5  i duno ... or maby i can get in a car headed south ?  or we can jump in my van  ?  or i can just meet up with my buddy at the take out  and do what we always do :)

just a reminder .... make sure you bring PLAYBOATS  this is a play run !!!..  be ready to spend some quality time in this amazing canyon ... the Tilton is short if you make it that way ... or you can spend hours surfing and playing .. many of these features are easy to miss if you dont know the run

once again here is my home phone (no i dont have a cell phone)
Chris at   Three 6 zero  867 one nine two one
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm
Yeah, Jay- gimme a call or text. Number is the same. Gotta warn ya tho, I'm a chronic voice mail ignorer. Text me if you wanna leave a message.

Edited by jP - 28 Jan 2012 at 8:03pm
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
BIGWATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote BIGWATER Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm
hey wallyworld , that you brian ?  hows CO been?   to answer you question about surf city ... the first wave needs work (wall needs rebuilt) ,  but the last wave/hole in surf city was amazing today, like rideing a bucking bronco .... the "new" wave and the water fall wave both gave sweet soul surfs, spins and back surfs .. as did many other catch on the fly gems

and yes im trying to get people stoked on the Tilton cuz most of  the Oly boaters (like wallyworld) have moved away .... its not like old times when we had a van full of people every weekend heading to the Tilton and surfing till our arms could hardly raise i beer to our lips at the Olympic Club after the run

sounds like we are gona get some people on it for first time on Sun, hopefully they spend some time and dont power to the lake in an hour as i have seen many people do in the past
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version