Professor Paddle: Green SteelheadN Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Green SteelheadN Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Green SteelheadN (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Green  (2. Kanaskat Palmer to Paradise (Upper Gorge))   Class III-IV   Min 1200 cfs    |    Max 4500 cfs   Current 286 cfs (Reported on 04-24-2024 00:00:00)
Trip Leader : James
Contact # : 206-853-4047
Meeting Time : 1/14/2012 7:00:00 AM
Meeting Place : Whitney Bridge Parking Lot
Paddlers Paddling
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Topic: Green SteelheadN Discussion Thread
    Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:10pm

This is the Green SteelheadN discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Green SteelheadN | Trip Page

For those that are interested in either a lower water overnight trip on the Green River or Fishing the piss out of it for two days here is a good opportunity.

The flows are going to be between 900 - 1000cfs which is ideal for running rafts and starting to get into the perfect levels for fishing. The green has salmon and steelhead at this time of year but the Chum and Coho are all but done running, that and most of the salmon spawn out and are collected at the hatcheries much lower in the river down by flaming geyser. The steelhead however run into the gorge in great numbers most spawn in the headworks or are transplanted into the res. to spawn in upper streams. The fishing reports for the last couple of weeks has been terrible to do high water but as the water has been coming down it has been getting better and better. This weekend could possibly be a prime weekend with the first quality water levels during the peak of the winter return.

So if you like steelheading and / or camping from your boat give me a jingle. I am going to be puting on sat morning as early as possible and then getting off on Sunday. The plan is to selectively fish the upper gorge and then concentrate on the lower gorge where there is prime water and hatcheries. The Pautsky Rearing ponds have been producing solid returns and the water above that is untouched by bank anglers leaving only whitewater boaters the opportunity to fish it well.

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 5:26pm
Damn fishermen liking low water flows!!!!! UP YOURS!!!!
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:12am
As always your input is appreciated, assessed and added to my minds inbound spam filter.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 9:38am
"pretty much a must buy"

What you don't even have a squirt boat yet? Don't get ahead of your self now!
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm
Dude, I never said you wuz Driftwood. Never would. If you self proclaim driftwood status, don't drag my name into it!

But, there is a difference too between driftwood'n and driftboat'n.
Driftboat'n is a chosen modality: one of many possible modes a boater could choose. It's boater's choice. Or, "Choose your own adventure" as Pernick says. Hardshell, inflatable, kayak, canoe, raft, drive or drift, fast or slow, ect.

To be Driftwood is to mindlessly drift downstream like a zombie or an inanimate object (such as driftwood), rather than apply one's mind and body toward the conscious direction of one's craft.

You're not driftwood. You're a boater. Anyways you guys still goin in the a.m.? I'm on the fence cuz its so cold.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:29pm
Boo Yea!!! The van is packed and I am ready to go!!!

JP remember this is the whole Fishin Weeknd, we can always do another less chilly float n Camp down there. This just happens to be sum quality weather and levels for fishin.

~J
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:30pm
Oh and Ps ... Squirt boats are the easiest boats to roll quite possibly... and I agree, tha bitch does need to learn ta roll~!~~!

Till the AM
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 11:53am
Yo Totten or Waidlich ... did you guys get some snow on the way out!!!!! :O

We were packing the rig in a blizzard!

How did you guys do with the fishing?
Fish
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Fish Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 12:28pm

Got skunked fishing, but worked at until dark. We awoke to several inches of snow on the ground and slept in till around noon.  The scenery on the way out was amazing.  I put up some pics in the gallery, but my battery ran out sunday,  so I missed the snowy pics...

JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 7:40pm
Lovely trip. Rapids run. Beer drank. Snow fell. Poker played. Lines thrown at fish. Fish throwing ropes at boaters. Fires burned. I think there were some oysters eaten too.
FLUID
WW Industry
WW Industry

Quote FLUID Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:15pm
Sorry this is late but best weekend ever paddling out at night in a blizzard winter wonderland, feet in the hotsprings watching river otters play !!, elk !! , trying to get a 14' cat down the green.. nice job in the raft James !! it was a chess game for sure but very doable..... wish we could have spent more time with you guys too but we had the ladies and a sweet beach front bungalo we just couldnt leave.......  lets do more of these.. So fun ! and close to home.  maybe a tiny bit more water next time ???
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version