Professor Paddle: Winter Green OvrNtr Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Winter Green OvrNtr Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Winter Green OvrNtr (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
Green  (2. Kanaskat Palmer to Paradise (Upper Gorge))   Class III-IV   Min 1200 cfs    |    Max 4500 cfs   Current 220 cfs (Reported on 04-25-2024 12:00:00)
Trip Leader : James
Contact # : 206-853-4047
Meeting Time : 1/21/2012 7:00:00 AM
Meeting Place : Whitney Bridge Parking Lot
Paddlers Paddling
jP , Blair , FLUID , GHannam , JoesKayak
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Online Status: Offline
  Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:30pm
Ok, I am in. By the way, Blair hit me in the eye with a paddle blade and I had damage to my eye for over 6 months, then he squirted James in the eye with hand sanitizer. You would think a nurse would know better...not supposed to hurt people, your supposed to heal them...

Also, I have only had to go #2 in the woods only a few times in the past 22 years of Whitewater kayaking and I always dug a hole and buried it when I had to. Othewise I hold it until an outhouse presents itself for use. Some of us lucky people can hold it for no problem for a few days at a time.

Funny thing, the enviromentilist recomend going below the tide line if you have an emergency while sea kayaking and the sea will process it no problem. Canada still dumps raw sewage in the sound and it causes no problems at all.
Nomad
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 5:40pm
I can bring a pretty good sized tarp too, I think it is 20x20 green tarp.
Nomad
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 10:52pm
Tobin- well, you just always to be incapacitated

Fair enough - can we keep the Cheap Grape and Fireball to a minimum?
Jesus - my liver still hasn't recovered :P
If I am not working I am in - god help me I'll do it, but I call dibs on James sleeping pad!
Sure?
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 11:42pm
Tobin - also promise not to flip anyone over and hold there boat upside down to where bailing equals boat full of camping gear getting wet. I now have reoccurring PTSD of a Tobin figure flying thru the air from a raft onto my unsuspecting back, rendering me helpless. At least most of my gear was in dry bags. Speaking of wet gear, Shelby has access to dry bags if he goes again, right?
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 11:47pm
JP I'm lookin forward to some more of that Cowboy Coffee!
James - Did Dave tell you how he cried to his daddy that I cracked his head open ( his Doctor Daddy) and how he just laughed at him and sided with me. I haven't even met the guy and he already takes my side over his wittle baby boy.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 5:04am
Originally posted by dave

By the way, Blair hit me in the eye with a paddle blade and I had damage to my eye for over 6 months

Quit being so melodramatic. You can't expect to play hard without consequences.  What you can do is not cry over spilt milk. What's funny is how many injuries you've obtained in my presence and how you blame them all on me. So Dave, how did that story go of how you split your head open at my house...?
septimus prime
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote septimus prime Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:15am
I can learn I swear. Regrouped on an overnighter on the Klickitat and had better success. Amazing what a .02 can do for your thinking compared to drinking myself blind on the upper gorge.
Alas, I will be in the Methow Valley on the 14th and wont get to join you this year.

me: Well, Im off to the Cheesecake Factory
my neglected family: But its Christmas!?
me:oh, merry Christmas (me closes door).

Name that movie.
Jon Shell Bee
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Blair

By the way, Blair hit me in the eye with a paddle blade and I had damage to my eye for over 6 months

Quit being so melodramatic. You can't expect to play hard without consequences.  What you can do is not cry over spilt milk. What's funny is how many injuries you've obtained in my presence and how you blame them all on me. So Dave, how did that story go of how you split your head open at my house...?

You were chasing me with a hot fire poker!
Nomad
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:01am
This is like all the hyp before a heavy weight fight. Except its heavy weight drinking...
Nomad
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by Blair

You were chasing me with a hot fire poker!

No Dave. No. That's your made up story. What reeaalllyy happened?
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:43am
Hot fire poker dummy.
Nomad
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 3:26pm
Do we need to take this outside (the thread) Davey?
GHannam
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote GHannam Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 8:29am
This sounds fantastic! If it's the third or fourth weekend of January, I can definitely go! I've got plans the weekend of the 14th...

James-- can we get an update on the gear list? I have tarps and can get my hands on a lantern. What else is still needed?

Also, what's the logistics for packing/prepping gear for the rafts and getting our tents and community gear on? I'm more than happy to help launch and take-out.
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 6:04pm
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:07am
Generally sounds like folks would prefer to do this on one of the last two weekends of the month rather than the 14th.

That is fine by me So if we do it on the 21st / 22nd we would get Gwendolyn, Franz, and Shelby. I am open to what ever works for the most people. Is anyone not able to make it that weekend instead of the 14th?

jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:30pm
My schedule is suddenly dicey n uncertain. But from the current vantage point, I'd say later this month sounds good for me, too: after the 14th. For example, I couldn't make it this coming weekend.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 6:05pm
Ya, later this month is better for me too. The 21/22 sounds great.
Nomad
JoesKayak
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote JoesKayak Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:06pm
Later in the month is fine with me.. but if conditions are idea on 1/14 I may want to do an overnight trip there too. (not necessarily the Green)
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 3:47pm
Is there anyone else that is going to do some fishing on the trip or will I be the only one? Just curious.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:10pm
I would like to... Prolly gonna wait till the week of to dial that in, or talk to you bout it sooner... Also gonna want to get an early start to set up camp n have time set aside to fish
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:11pm
Sweet. Just started a 3rd page to this thread.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 8:54am
nkay, so far I think it might be just me n you on the poles, I know Slickhorn can make some mean talk about wanting to learn tenkara but I think it is all talk.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 9:41am
Brian, I don't know if I would touch the green right now with a tenkara setup unless you buy several extra leader/lines and maybe a few spare rod tips. The biggest fish I have heard of people landing on a tenkara line is 20"-24" trout that are in the sub 5lbs range. The Green is teaming with Chum Salmon and Steelhead right now and you are more likely to hook into one of those than say a whitefish or resident trout. If you did you would be likely to either A snap your line or B break your rod tip. That tenkara style is sweet but best left to rivers and streams that don't see big sea-runs unless your packing spare parts that is.

I will stay in touch before the 14th. Maybe a trip both weekends is in order. I could easily be talked into hitting the sauk for an overnighter too, that hosting some nice metal heads right now too!
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 9:52am
A Sauk Sauna would be cool, and I agree with enough man power one could be stacked up pretty easily...
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
So this trip looks like it is going two ways for two different trips. Trip A looks like more of a fishing trip looking for ideal fishing flows and trip B looks like the overnight fun trip that most of the folks here are going for.

Trip A:
The fishing overnight trip is for sure going to be this weekend. The weather looks more or less dry and the dam operators are going to keep dropping the release and it looks like it will be around 900-1000 cfs which is an ideal level for fishing and camping. If your interested in camping and fishing call me. I am 100% going this weekend with my poles and gear. I don't think there will be alot of interest since the levels are less whitewater and more for fishing but it will be fun either way.

Trip B:
The whitewater trip looks like it will be either the weekend of the 21st of the weekend of the 28th. Since that is what this thread is about I am changing the dates. The weekend of the 21st looks promising because next week the the snow level is going to drop then get warm again with rain which would have the releases increase nicely for boating.

So if you want to get that fishing trip in Slick let me know because this weekend is going to be prime. It is not very often that this happens either. I know backpacking vs boating and fishing is a tough call but let me know.
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version