Professor Paddle: Wavesport Fuse 56? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Wavesport Fuse 56? Post Reply Post New Topic
mokelumnekid
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mokelumnekid Replybullet Topic: Wavesport Fuse 56?
    Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 1:41pm
Anybody got a Fuse size 56 (or 64 if nothing else is available) I can sit in or paddle on the Lake or pool? None of the WA or OR vendors have them to demo.

Will provide beer and/or cookies.

Thanks, George B.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:13pm
I'll be at UPS pool tomorrow night with a 56. I'm 5'11", about 180. Love this boat, so much! I'm bringing another boat as well, so you can certainly get seat time.
Cheers!
mokelumnekid
McNasty
McNasty

Quote mokelumnekid Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:17pm
Great news- I live in north Seattle but will make the drive. Are there any helpful details about how to find the place and so on that you can provide? I'll bring my paddle and all the fixings as well as my mamba just to have another boat there.

I'm 6'0" and 170.
mokelumnekid
McNasty
McNasty

Quote mokelumnekid Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:19pm
Just saw the posting about UPS sessions with all the details- no prob, I'll find it

George B.
Courtney
Big Boofer
Big Boofer
Whitewater,sea kayaking, snowboarding, backpacking.

Quote Courtney Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 7:57am

How did you like it George?  I'm thinking about getting one.

Courtney

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
mokelumnekid
McNasty
McNasty

Quote mokelumnekid Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 9:15am
First off- THANKS!! to Chris for bringing the boat and being so supportive and helpful. He just moved here so I hope everyone makes him feel welcome. He is a great guy and is really good whipping that play boat around!

Courtney- it was vexing- I really couldn't fit in it. It took  three tries and finally on the third try- we got me "wedged" in there with my toes so cramped I got blisters almost immediately and my butt wasn't fully in the seat. Part of the rub (hah hah) was that naturally Chris has customized the outfitting, and some padding was clued in so there was no way to adjust without really tearing things apart, and we couldn't remove all the bulkhead material. But I always have trouble getting into Wavesport boats- in part because the thigh braces are hook-shaped, and I have a long in-seam, so I can't fold my legs into the cockpit easily. I can get into a Fun (old model, don't know about the 2010 Fun) if all the bulkhead materials are removed even with my shoes on. I need to sit in a Fuse 56 that is brand new with no outfitting and then add it incrementally to see how it fits. Aquasports doesn't have a Fuse 56 in stock (they have a Fuse 64), so next time I'm in the Portland area I'll swing by Alder Creek.

BUT I did paddle it for about 10 minutes before my toes started screaming, not properly in the boat mind you- and I liked it immediately. Faster than the 2007 Fun for sure, at least in the pool, and it felt really stable. I set it on edge and it felt great. The roll was awkward because I wasn't properly in the boat, so I can't say much about that. However it didn't seem quite as easy to roll as the Fun, but overall felt more stable and the bow rode higher in the water for sure.

In the end, I thought a lot of the good things Irene said about the Fuse on her blog were spot-on. My impressions are incomplete for sure. But good enough that I will pursue the fit issue as opportunity allows. So stay tuned!
Mr.Grinch
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote Mr.Grinch Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 10:41pm
No problem, George, just bummed you didn't get to sit in it longer. Killer all purpose boat: smooth and stable enough for most runs, and playful enough to rip all the rocks, eddylines, small boofs, holes, and waves on the way downstream.
I highly recommend this boat as a jack of all trades!
Not as easy to fling as a true playboat, but much more easy to manage on a run. Still way more playful, exponentially, than a solid river running boat.
I'd really like to spend time in the LL Freeride, as it seems similar. JK Funs are similar, too, but the weight/sizing wasn't to my liking. That said, I loved how the 4Fun surfed, but the comfort came at a price: bow initiations were more difficult. The Fun might be a better option, but when looking at weight ratings, might as well use a boat from the Star series.
Anyway, love the Fuse, and imagine more will if they get the pleasure to paddle one!
Cheers!
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version