Professor Paddle: Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 Discussion Thread vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Trip Discussion's
 Professor Paddle : General : Events : Trip Discussion's
Message Icon Topic: Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 Discussion Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 (Trip Quick View)
Find out more details by Viewing the Trip Page
White Salmon  (4 - BZ Corner to Northwestern Lake)   Class III+ (IV+)   Min 500 cfs    |    Max 2000 cfs   Current 1510 cfs (Reported on 03-29-2024 07:00:00)
Trip Leader : Jule
Contact # : 206.330.7728
Meeting Time : 10/22/2011 9:00:00 AM
Meeting Place : Wet Planet in Husum
Paddlers Paddling
briandunnington
Jule
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jule Replybullet Topic: Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 Discussion Thread
    Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 7:43pm

This is the Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 discussion thread. Please post any questions below.

Remember the actual Trip Details are located on the Rescue and Creeking Clinics at Wet Planet, Oct 22-23 | Trip Page

We at the UW Kayak Club have set up a kayak rescue clinic, as well as an intermediate/advanced skills clinic with Wet Planet in October. We have a couple of spots left so I'd like to open this up to folks in the community. We are getting a college discount, and it would be awesome if you would be willing to safety boat for one of our beginner classes in return    Here's info on how to sign up:

RESCUE CLINIC
We will practice small-group whitewater rescue, highly recommended for everyone. Anyone who has seen a river at least once or twice is qualified to attend. Try to beg, borrow, or steal (or even rent!) a dry suit if you don't have your own, it will make the whole thing a LOT more comfortable.

Date: Sunday, Oct 23, 2011
Time: 9-5pm
Cost: $76.50 (please do not select the "scholarship" tab!)

http://mytrip.wetplanetwhitewater.com/tu?UW_Kayak_Rescue

SKILLS CLINIC
It's called a "creeking clinic" on the signup page, but you won't have to run any waterfalls unless you really want to. This clinic is really highly recommended for anyone who is looking to improve their paddling! I can personally vouch for the excellence of the Wet Planet instructors, and guarantee it will make a huge difference for your boating. This is mainly geared toward class III paddlers (if you have a reasonably reliable roll, and have comfortably run rivers like the Middle Middle, Main Sky, or Wenatchee). We will be very flexible though in customizing this to the needs of our paddlers, so if you're not sure if you qualify, ask me. They will also let you demo boats for free during the clinic.

Date: Saturday, Oct 22, 2011
Time: 9-5pm
Cost: $85.50 (do not select scholarship option)

http://mytrip.wetplanetwhitewater.com/tu?UW_Kayak_Creekin

We will have free camping available at Wet Planet, but if you'd rather stay someplace with a roof, there are lots of options in White Salmon or Hood River. Logistical details type emails will come from me as the event draws near.

-jule

IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
royhprum
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote royhprum Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 4:18pm
Hey!! I was wondering .If we get the dry suits.Would a dry top be good>?<
I am very interested ahaha.Would i be given other gear? skirt?booties? boat?and a paddle? i got a helmet and a pfd.and a dry top. please inform me within the next few days
. i got homecoming on that weekend
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Jule
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Jule Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 8:50pm
I don't think the rescue clinic comes with gear. For the creeking clinic you can borrow boat, paddle, spray skirt for sure. Contact Wet Planet to find out if they provide helmet and drytop as well.

-jule
Kenny
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Kenny Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:31pm
Hey,
Do we get any sort of certification for the rescue clinic?

Kenny
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Jule
Paddler
Paddler

Quote Jule Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 6:22am
Nope, there will be no official recognition of your increased awesomeness. For that, you would have to take at least a 3 day rescue technician or whatever it's called course.

-jule
briandunnington
Paddler
Paddler

Quote briandunnington Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:06am
Just wanted to give a huge 'Thanks!' to Jule and the UKC for putting this together and letting us non-UKC folks in on the action. I got to do some fun boating, learned a ton, and generally had a great time. Hope to see you guys out on the water again soon.
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:09am
I second that, thanks Jule, it was a great opportunity to learn and also meet folks that some of us might not run into otherwise.  Thumbs up to Wet Planet too for running an awesome class.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 2:42pm
The rescue clinic was really great. Todd and Heather at Wet Planet did an awesome job - and nature cooperated with what felt like high 60s temps on Sunday!
More water, please.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version