Professor Paddle: The Miracle at Sunset Falls vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: The Miracle at Sunset Falls Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Online Status: Offline
  Quote James Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 7:04pm
Horner,

I agree but I also think that keeping threads on topic is a worthy thing. I figured someone might be very interested in the passion these kids had for crediting jesus and/or god with the survival of their friend so it might very well be on topic. Unfortunately a lot of folks can't have a nice discussion about belief online. I have had campfire rambles with you before so you know its all good, but something about online communication makes it very hard to discuss this kind of thing. While I agree PP should be for any discussion I still think that religion might not be the best topic to bust out mid thread mainly because it attracts the kind of foolish posting that does not contribute to any type of debate, discussion or exchange. Beliefs are so significant that alot of folks can't take a joke, receive critics, or even opposing thoughts and so if it were up to me I would suggest belief based discussions take place in well labeled threads to prevent folks from checking in on a Sunset Falls thread reading all these posts (valid as they are) and then going further off on a tangent. Also I hate to say it but even if folks did start a new thread no one would post in it. It is weird like that. I mean folks love to talk politics in threads that have nothing to do with it but when a political thread is started to allow the discussion to take place on topic no one wants to post because they see the subject and avoid it, I am guessing that the same thing would take place with religion, although if you want to test the theory I will enjoy reading and perhaps posting!!!!

~J
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 7:20pm
Oh and to take this off on yet another tangent,

Dude we need to go fishing, I am laying a slaying!!!!
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 9:43pm
In the interest of being fair I'll apologize for the "please leave it" part of my post, since that was essentially a request to stifle the conversation.  I stand by the rest of it, which, if you follow Franz's advice, you should not read if you have a problem with. :P Seriously Franz, I understand where you're coming from (or at least I think I do - that phrase is probably overused) but will pm you separately - this is my last post on this thread.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
justasec
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote justasec Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 11:28pm
U Guys are retarded!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Lynn Wang
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Lynn Wang Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by James

Oh and to take this off on yet another tangent,Dude we need to go fishing, I am laying a slaying!!!!

Holy Godness! Where are the multiplying loaves of bread and over flowing cisterns of wine? If you were selling some, I'd be the first with my dollars out and sheer thankfulness...   
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 12:05am
If that guy can bodysurf Sunset Falls, should be no problem on a riverboard. Right????!!! :) hehe ...

I remember being these kids' age and a new believer and you don't really think about giving attribute to God for this kind of situation, you just do it. Thems were the days...
More water, please.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 9:00am
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 9:07am
Slickhorn, I am glad you read the thread, Who told you to post?

ahahahah
franzhorner
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
outdoors music woodwork

Quote franzhorner Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 3:04pm
slickhorn,

I thought the same thing.  He fell in half way down the thing.  A real miracle would've been him falling in at the top and coming through unscathed.
MORE RAIN PLEASE
franzhorner
PP Junkie
PP Junkie
outdoors music woodwork

Quote franzhorner Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 3:06pm
James,

"Beliefs are so significant that alot of folks can't take a joke, receive critics, or even opposing thoughts"

This is the whole problem with all of humanity.
MORE RAIN PLEASE
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:01pm
More water, please.
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 21 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
What the heck, I posted it as a link and it's going back to PP...
Copy and paste I guess, sorry folks.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35820985/ns/today-good_news/t/toddler-ok-after-being-pronounced-doa/
More water, please.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 1:38pm
Franz and Slick-- thanks for posting so I don't have to. Peeps are now-a-days deeply conditioned to censor them selves. practicly don't need a first ammendment, everyone self censors.

Up4air- let me know when you fire off Sunset. I wanna watch.

James- well said, countering Franz. You are articulate as always.

I been lurkin on this thread since it got posted, but every time I respond I just hit "clear form". Seems to be the way I interact here anymore. Why say anything at all?

Grinch was right the F on tho, and probably the most substantive contributor to this discussion. Since I'm weighing in at all, I think this sunset falls thing should serve as a reminder that just cuz something "goes" once thru whitewater doesn't mean it'll go twice.

Watch your step out there, so to speak, and don't tumble them dice unless you are prepared to live (or not) w/ the consequences.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 1:42pm
...sorry to continue:
The two non-boater fatalities on the Wenatchee furthet illustrate Mr. Grinch's point. Peeps just don't have respect for the river. Which in my opinion also means therefore that they don't respect God.

Then sh*t goes down and they are unreasonably fearful of that which they do not understand. Seeing a pattern here.
🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
gnarquist
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote gnarquist Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 11:35am
SICK LINE! that is awesome
Tobin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote Tobin Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 2:08pm
RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS!
It is fine to have one.
It is fine to be proud of it.
Please do not whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE do do not try to shove it down my throat.
Sure?
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote JayB Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 9:35pm
James:

I'm debating whether that's a smoker load of pinks or cohos and can't resolve it, but in the meantime please tell God to send me the double habanero brine recipe when he gets a chance....
-Jay
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 11:08pm
After seeing the pictures of all the smoke salmon on this post, I went right over to James' house to help him store some of the Salmon.

Unfortunately they had plenty of storage at the house, but James did let me store some of the smoke salmon in my belly!
Nomad
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 3:22pm
jay 2 were silvers the rest were pinks. I will let Dave tell folks if the recipes turned out good! Batch number 4 is going into the smoker tonight!

I busted out 2 more silvers over the weekend. One was 8.5 lbs taken with a 6lb line on a ultra light 8'6" rod. It was a hoot, and she ended up running me into a tree down stream that had me doing some monkey moves to get her out of the root wad base. No more fishing that spot, bummer too because they hold up in this piling like no ones business but any thing you hook up with goes running for the tree on your side of the river and it is instantly frustrating.

Second silver was on 10lbs line with my heavier rod, still fun but more manageable. I ended up eating her that night on the BBQ. Just shy of 7lbs but both were bright fish.

Funny thing is that for weeks I have been laying a slaughter on pinks and it seems the ratio is like 10:1 of Bucks to Hens, I have yet to hook up with a Buck Silver...? Go Figure. I talked to a native down at the mouth who was fixing his nets and he said that they have been tossing pink bucks back and keeping the hens for the eggs and better quality meat. How about that crap, no wonder some of the bucks I have caught look like they escaped a concentration camp.

dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 6:07pm
I have to tell you, James makes some of the best smoked salmon I have ever had. Plus he makes different varieties! He should enter a contest somewhere.
Nomad
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version