Professor Paddle: Team Pyranha Sky run this Sat. 7/16 vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Team Pyranha Sky run this Sat. 7/16 Post Reply Post New Topic
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote irenen Replybullet Topic: Team Pyranha Sky run this Sat. 7/16
    Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 2:40pm
Hey All,

Team Pyranha is coming to town this Saturday, July 16th for their annual Skykomish run and all are welcome.  If you missed it last year this is a blast - a great opportunity to get tips from some awesome boaters, run the Sky with a fun group, and maybe run Boulder Drop at a higher level (or try Mercy Chute, or just do the easy portage) with a big crew of people who are highly qualified to scoop you up at the bottom if necessary. :)  Or if the Sky is really high they might run the North Fork, I'm not sure.  But either way, all are welcome and hope to see you out there!

Meeting is at the park in Index at noon on Sat., July 16th. 

Here's Nicole's blog post about it from last year with some pics of some of us locals running BD (in fact, the only good picture ever taken of me in a kayak that does not glaringly feature only the bottom of my boat. ;)

It's all fun and games until someone loses a paddle.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 11:40pm
Just a reminder (and because something has to bump Dave's COUCH POTATOE thread off the top of the forum list :), we are meeting at the park in Index at noon on Sat. Jul. 16 for the Team Pyranha run on the Skykomish, it will be a fun time as usual and for those not sure about Boulder Drop, Mercy Chute is an easy option at this level, and the portage is easy too - we will probably have people going both routes.  Chipper, if you show up for this one I have that zipper wax I owe you that has been floating around my car for 3 months. :)
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 10:14am
Just wanted to say thanks to all who showed up for this and to Team Pyranha too, it was a great time - we had a North Fork run and a main Sky run going, people demo-ing Pyranha kayaks, and then talked boating for a few hours afterwards in the park - and the sun even actually came out finally!  True to form I totally did not get pictures of any of it. :)  Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped make it a great day.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:04pm
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 5:56pm
Wish I could've been there. The sky levels are still cranking! Anybody's first time down BD that day? How did it go?
irenen
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote irenen Replybullet Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 6:13pm

Nobody's first time except maybe a couple of the Pyranha guys but I think it was the highest Mike and Estel had done the main line, gauge said 6200 but Sam and others said it's off and it was more like around 7,000.  Everyone aced it.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version