Professor Paddle: Weekend Traffic Cluster Alert vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Weekend Traffic Cluster Alert Post Reply Post New Topic
JayB
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JayB Replybullet Topic: Weekend Traffic Cluster Alert
    Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 3:11pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

Starting Friday night, all lanes of SR 520 will be shut down and the weekend traffic that usually brings 166,000 vehicles across the floating bridge will be diverted.

Construction crews will also close the I-5 Mercer Street ramps for the weekend. Several events over the weekend - the Mariners games, the Fremont Solstice Parade and Fathers Day - will also significantly impact traffic.

Here's what the Washington State Department of Transportation advises drivers to brace for this weekend:

SR 520 - complete closure

Crews will close all lanes on SR 520 from 11 p.m. Friday, June 17, to 5 a.m. Monday, June 20, between Montlake Boulevard in Seattle and Interstate 405 in Bellevue. For details of the closure and detour maps from WSDOT,
CLICK HERE.

All SR 520 ramps in the construction zone also will close, except for the 108th Avenue Northeast on-ramp to eastbound SR 520. SR 520 from I-5 to Montlake Boulevard will remain open to traffic.

I-5 Mercer Street - ramps closed

The City of Seattle is closing the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street at 11 p.m. Friday, June 17, and reopening them at 5 a.m. Monday, June 20.

Weekend events

Saturday, June 18 - Fremont Solstice Parade, noon, Fremont
Saturday, June 18 - Mariners vs. Phillies, 7:10 p.m., Safeco Field
Sunday, June 19 - Mariners vs. Phillies, 1:10 p.m., Safeco Field

Express lane schedule changes

The I-5 and I-90 express lanes schedules will change to provide better access into and through downtown Seattle.

I-5 express lanes
Saturday, June 18 - The I-5 express lanes will remain southbound until 3 p.m. and open northbound at 4 p.m.

I-90 express lanes
Saturday, June 18 - Sunday, June 19 The I-90 express lanes will open in the westbound direction at 8 a.m. and remain open westbound until 2 p.m. Sunday. They will open eastbound at 3pm on Sunday.

-Jay
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
LisaF
Super Looper
Super Looper

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LisaF Replybullet Posted: 18 Jun 2011 at 6:14pm
Came back from Index today at 4:30-ish. I-90 (westbound) was totally clear, as was I-5 north from I-90. Southbound on 5 and eastbound on 90 were backed up.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version