Professor Paddle: GO PROS NEEDED!!!! vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Events
 Professor Paddle : General : Events
Message Icon Topic: GO PROS NEEDED!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rokmnky Replybullet Topic: GO PROS NEEDED!!!!
    Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:57am
Many of you saw the awesome video that come from last years PP ball. We had a pretty limited selection to work with and still made an amazing trailer that we used to show our sponsors how much fun we had and to show new sponsors why they should donate to us. This year we would like to do even more. We would like to borrow your footage to help get as much as possible. If your willing to loan us your go pro, we will mount it somewhere along the creek race to catch all the gnar and later we can mount them all over the ramp for tons of pov angles. This should get us tons of footage. If you don't want to loan your precious go pro, I understand. Instead come out and help run safety on the creek and wear your go pro!

We are by no means exclusive to go pros either, any helmet cam/waterproof camera that we can mount will work. The footage can be shared by all so everyone can take a crack at editing out the best trailer.

Last year we ran a contest for the best video and gave away a go pro, unfortunately we didn't contact them in time this year to have them sponsor but perhaps we can still find something in the treasure trove to throw down as a prize!

If your interested in helping with video or willing to loan your camera then please contact me here or find me at the event.

~Adam

Just in case you haven't seen the videos:

IP IP Logged Send Private Message
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:30am
Adam I'm happy to lend my GoPro for the cause, although it's not HD, I can also bring some extra mounts if someone wants to film on river and doesn't have one. Just please add a healthy supply of Lithium triple A's to your shopping list. They're not cheap and this camera eats them like candy.
More water, please.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:18am
Thats great. Will you be coming up this weekend or do we need to connect beforehand? Does yours only take the triple A's or will it accept the rechargable battery as well?
up4air
McNasty
McNasty

Quote up4air Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:35am
I'll probably get out there some time Friday night. Runs on 2 triple A's, no rechargeable.
More water, please.
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:53am
That will work great. Find me at the campfire and please mark yours in some way so we can get the correct camera back to you. I'll pick up some batteries.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by up4air

I'll probably get out there some time Friday night. Runs on 2 triple A's, no rechargeable.

I don't see why someone couldn't use rechargeable triple AAA's in the thing and cycle thru 2 pairs.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2011 at 3:08am
Some Previews to the 2011 ProfessorPaddleBall with use of GoPro HD. Mine broke though. Need to get new mounting parts.

Big Air Ramp Teaser

Turkey Shoot Paddle Battle

dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:46am
Leif and you need to learn to keep you paddle blade high and away from the other kayakers head and eyes. It should be automatic to keep the blade away from other peoples head and eyes or you guys are going to seriously injure someone. Better to lose your balance and roll then take out someones eyes with a blade...I know Blair already damaged my left eye with a blade.
Nomad
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:58pm
Does anyone have a tripod and mount they could bring? I just picked up a bunch of flat mounts and a few others. Also any suction cup mounts would be great.

Infact if people could bring whatever mounts they have we can make this work out awesome.
Larry
Super Looper
Super Looper
Mr. Generosity

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:57pm
there were 2 go pros in the REI basement (downtown) last night. one for 149 (included attachments), and the other for 79. both said they worked fine.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:01pm
Go buy them both Larry! We will use them and repay you with kindness
Larry
Super Looper
Super Looper
Mr. Generosity

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 1:05pm
Not sure that would cover it. Does that mean if I don't buy them I can expect meanness (is that a word) the whole weekend? Caus I'm OK with that.
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:59pm
I haven't been able to get a replacement part for my GoPro. Still broken needing the attachment mount. Hey James, why don't you just take advantage of REI's return policy, buy a bunch of GoPro's get your videos footage, then return them?
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:05pm
Bring Your camera anyways Blair. I have a bunch of mounts and some duct tape. We can make something work even if it becomes a hand held
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:07pm
If anyway IS going to REI Seattle today/tonight, let me know. You could pick me up something and I'll return the cash tomorrow in Leavenworth.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 7:07pm
OMG Blair, just drive down to Seattle...its only 15miles from your house!
Nomad
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 27 May 2011 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Blair

I haven't been able to get a replacement part for my GoPro. Still broken needing the attachment mount. Hey James, why don't you just take advantage of REI's return policy, buy a bunch of GoPro's get your videos footage, then return them?

That would be abusive and I enjoy my patronage of REI. I would prefer not to damage the integrity of my self or their return policy.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version