Professor Paddle: Hello from Afghanistan vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Chit Chat
 Professor Paddle : General : Chit Chat
Message Icon Topic: Hello from Afghanistan Post Reply Post New Topic
GHannam
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GHannam Replybullet Topic: Hello from Afghanistan
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 7:08am

Hello Everyone!!

Just thought I'd drop a line, and say hello from the other side of the world!

Things are going well over here, though the desert does indeed get overwhelmingly dry... I get ridiculously excited when it rains, when I see trees, or get mail. I'm just as easily amused here, if not more than I am back home (if you can imagine...)  Apparently I talk an awful lot about water and sports: missing WW kayaking, scubadiving, sailboat racing, open water swimming, climbing, backpacking, camping...  Some of my coworkers tease me that I am truely a depiction of a "fish on dry land". *HAHA*!!

I recently got to travel "outside the wire" to see some of Afghanistan's country. Despite the religious and political issues that is going on, the country itself has some beautiful parts! There are definitely good rivers here that I'd love to kayak!! Though I know I'll never have the chance to kayak here, it was still a gorgeous sight to see natural flowing water offering anything from class III to what looked like solid class V.

I'm nearly half way through my tour here, and am already thinking about the rivers I want to run when I get home. It'll be late in the season, but I have high hopes of getting some good river time in!

Professor Paddle Ball is coming up and I hope someone posts some pictures of it-- I'm bummed that I'm going to miss it this year, but C'est la Vive, no? Enjoy, have fun, and be safe with the flows during applets and cotlets!!  (I can't wait to hear stories!!!)

I hope all is going well for everyone!

Until next time, Happy Paddling!!!
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jeff
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Jeff Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:43pm

Hey Gwendolyn,

Ya, we all be missin' you back here.  I finally got back out on the water last weekend - shoulder was feelin' pretty good.  We'll see how it goes at PP Ball.  Not jumpin' on anything too exciting yet.  Stickin to Peshastin and the Play Run.  Hope to have some pix to post soon.  Talk to you soon.  Stay safe over there!

-Jeffro

"What could possibly go wrong?"
www.flickr.com/photos/jeffdwyer/
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:16am
Dont worry, there will be pictures!
Nomad