Professor Paddle: Top Tye Race vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Top Tye Race Post Reply Post New Topic
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Online Status: Offline
  Quote water wacko Replybullet Topic: Top Tye Race
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 11:02pm
Some have expressed interest in a race down the Top Tye from Box Drop down. It will be a really fun sprint and with a good flow we could see some real raft carnage in there. 1 or 2 weekends after the Robe Race is a loose timeline. The last time I was in there new wood was floating around, but all the rapids are still the same.

The Top Tye is a high quality class V run. This would be a timed event with a staggered start for individual racers or teams. Send me an email if you want to help or race!!

Brett
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
shirepaddler
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote shirepaddler Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 4:29pm
Hey Brett,
We had a race down Top Tye back in '99 or '00, can't remember exactly. We were hoping to do Box to the end but levels were a bit high and we ended up racing from the eddy after Paranoia down. Super fun. There was as log that you had to eddy out left above and flip and flush under. I can't remember exactly who won but I definitely remember the winner got a Honey Bucket T-shirt. I'd be stoked to see that going again! Good times!
Kelly
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:44pm
Kelly, several people have expressed interest in racing. Let's do it. It's right there waiting!! I'm thinking we set a couple people with throw ropes at Paranoia and one other piece of wood you get close to, unless it flushed last high water (coming in to the boulder garden below Box on the right) There was a big one at the bottom of Stairway To Heaven pointing upstream, but I'm guessing that one is gone now. A starter, a time keeper at the end, and someone to pass out some beer at the take out. Good times!
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 11:58pm
The date is Sat, May 7. Please email me at water wacko at Gmail dot com if you want to race or volunteer. Let's get it on.
jP
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos
Diddle Fuerte Diablo !

Quote jP Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by shirepaddler

We had a race down Top Tye back in '99 or '00, can't remember exactly. 

I can't remember exactly who won but I definitely remember the winner got a Honey Bucket T-shirt. I'd be stoked to see that going again! Good times!

Kelly

Cool details, Kelly!

Honey Bucket T-shirts

🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋🐋
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version