Professor Paddle: Monday? Anyone? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Monday? Anyone? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Adam
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Adam Replybullet Topic: Monday? Anyone?
    Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 2:56pm
Paddling somewhere undetermined on Monday.  Anyone have any suggestions or interest?
The bridge, not the river, flows.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 5:56pm
How about paddling to work? Work sucks...all I see is the guys going to have fun every day and I have to go to bed early and get up early to go to work...and they are doing the same except to go have fun...
Nomad
Jimmy
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote Jimmy Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 8:33pm

Dave, be nice to Adam.  I told him to come check weekdays paddlers out here since I knew there were some people that don't have to work their butts off like you do.

Courtney
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 9:33pm
Just remember its alot easier to pay the bills with paychecks versus paddling stories   Soon my being unemployed will probably force me to sit at home being unable to afford gas to go hit the river.
Adam
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:29am
Not to worry.  When that happens we can borrow Dave's car while he's at work!
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 9:49am
Im just sick of my job...I need a new job...
Nomad
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:23pm
Dave go on unemployment ... I have heard it is way better than working.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 1:54pm
Ya, and you can collect for two years now...and then when it finally runs out, you just get an extension and....BACK TO THE RIVER!!!!!

Plus, you never really actually ever have to look for a job (plus you dont really want to look for work because you might actually get a job and who really wants that)....

Sorry guys....I know the truth hurts...but you know me, I tell it like it is...
Nomad
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:05pm
http://career.pereless.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=83024.viewjobs&CID=83024&notes_id=1358

Sorry, I shouldn't rant and rave unless I have something to contribute to the unemployed out there. So, above is a link to some of the jobs we have available. We are having a hard time filing open positions right now which is weird considering the unemployment rate. My theory is that it is too easy to collect money from the government so people are not willing to just take any job to make money...they are waiting for the perfect job...I got tired of waiting for the perfect job years ago and took what I could get, that is why I do not like my job...

Again, I have a lot of friends that are unemployed and I don't want to come across as being holier than thou, I am just jealous because they are all having so much fun!
Nomad
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:12pm
OOps, sorry, we hyjacked this thread...
Nomad
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 2:43pm
I thought I should add that as a self employed general contractor I dont qualify for unemployment, so its not all fun and games. no work equals no money. no government tit for me to suck on.
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:00pm

Also most of my unemployed carpenter friends who can collect find that most the jobs available pay less than they make on unemployment and they are barely surviving with the piddly amount of $ they are getting already. try cutting 70% of your wages and see how life treats you. Im not kidding at all when i say i wont be going to the river due to gas.A few more months and my savings will be gone and then its time to start selling possesions to afford food! TRUST ME the grass on my side of the fence is NOT greener... They say unemployment is down to 9% but that is an unrealistic figure seeing as everyone who is self employed is not figured into that. The construction industry is more like 30% or higher out of work. But hey cant you paddle around the office in your big puddle of tears. cry me a river

Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by dave

Ya, and you can collect for two years now...and then when it finally runs out, you just get an extension and....BACK TO THE RIVER!!!!!

Plus, you never really actually ever have to look for a job (plus you dont really want to look for work because you might actually get a job and who really wants that)....

Sorry guys....I know the truth hurts...but you know me, I tell it like it is...
You should know what the truth is before letting the verbal diahrea flow
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:15pm

Rather than whining about your job why not put some of that effort into finding a better one that makes you happy? you gave me the impression that its an easy task to become employed these days so why hang on to a job u hate? just curious

Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:31pm

I would need to make $12.00 hr just to make my rent etc. that would leave no extra money period. Not to mention my wifes tuition for nursing school over the last 2 years has cost me $20,000 out of pocket on a single income since she cant work while in the RN program and once she graduates in june hopefully she can even find a job.

Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:39pm

Not trying to have a pissing contest here you just struck a personal nerve for me. I just cant stand it when people ASSume things are one way when they really have no clue. Hopefully 2011 will be a better year for ALL of us.

Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:44pm
Sorry Adam, didnt mean to get so far off topic.
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:00pm
If things get that bad, you can always join the military. I know someone my age that just did not to long ago and are very happy they did.
Nomad
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Blair Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 6:30pm

Edited by Blair - 29 Sep 2014 at 12:38am
Aquaholic
Rock Bumper
Rock Bumper

Quote Aquaholic Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:35pm

If things get that bad, you can always join the military. I know someone my age that just did not to long ago and are very happy they did.
Your a sad little man. My best friend gave his life for our country and the fact that you poke fun at being in the military disgusts me. There are people in the world who have walked away from $100,000 a year jobs to serve our country so the fact that you think its a last resort option just shows how ignorant you are. They say ignorance is bliss so why are you so unhappy? The fact that you find others misfortune amusing really shows alot about your moral character. Are you this arrogant in person or do you just feel this cocky behind a keyboard?
Adam
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote Adam Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:42pm
Ohhhhhh K.  I'm thinking that's a "no" on paddling Monday, then???  Dave, my resume's on your desk.  Just kidding.  I'm on a very intentional sabbatical and have until August to paddle my brains out before law school.  I just want to do it while my kids are in school rather on the weekends (mostly, anyway).

So, if anyone wants to paddle on weekdays, I'm your guy.  Whether you're laid off, a slacking hooker or an entitlement collector, you'll get no heat from me.  I just want to paddle.  See you out there, eventually.....
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:50pm
I am down to paddle but I live in Wenatchee so I will be paddling east of the mountains if you want to make a drive. There is probably better paddling on the "wetside" right now but if you get a wild hair hit me up, 425-466-8370
H2Ohta
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:51pm
Oh yeah, my name is Chris Ohta
H2Ohta
dave
Master Poster
Master Poster
D4

Quote dave Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Aquaholic

Your a sad little man. My best friend gave his life for our country and the fact that you poke fun at being in the military disgusts me. There are people in the world who have walked away from $100,000 a year jobs to serve our country so the fact that you think its a last resort option just shows how ignorant you are. They say ignorance is bliss so why are you so unhappy? The fact that you find others misfortune amusing really shows alot about your moral character. Are you this arrogant in person or do you just feel this cocky behind a keyboard?

I actually wasnt kidding, if your current profession is not working, then maybe you need to think about a change. That is the point I was trying to make. Never poked fun at the military, that is all you.
Nomad
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 8:31pm
Oh man a simple little joke turned this thread upside down... Sorry about that Adam.

As for the military how is joining the military to pay bills poking fun at the service? Aquaholic have you served?
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version