Professor Paddle: Affordable Full Facial Helmet vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Open Forum
 Professor Paddle : The Class Room : Open Forum
Message Icon Topic: Affordable Full Facial Helmet Post Reply Post New Topic
Blair
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blair Replybullet Topic: Affordable Full Facial Helmet
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:51pm
Are you sick and tired of seeing that Sweet Protection Full Facial Helmet on display, taking it to the cash register only to find it costs $400!? Well look what's in store for you!

It's the Shred Ready Full Face!

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/Standard+Full-Face/part_number=SDFF/343.0.1.1.10087.0.0.0.0?#PINK

It's only $109.95, comes in 8 sick colors, including PINK!

This is an affordable helmet, even more-so than most half-cut helmets.
Anyways, thought I'd share.

BTW, the Sweet Protection Full Face Helmet is a mighty fine helmet I must say, just a bit too expensive for many who want to keep their pretty smile.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:09pm
FNA also makes a fullface helmet that is significantly less than the sweet, I'm not sure exactly the price, but I paid 150 for the x-tra which is the same design as the x-stream but without the chin protection. It's more than the SR but is made out of a carbon/kevlar material instead of plastic. FNA also does gear in custom colors of ANY KIND. FNA also doesn't have any of the moving parts that the SR helmets have (eg. the ratcheting fit system).

WRSI is coming out with a fullface in the near future as well (not the existing one that has the flimsy plastic clip-on guard).
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:22pm
Here are the new WRSI helmets for 2011...

http://www.wrsisafety.com/img/new_2011.png
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive." ~Howard Thurman
doggievacation
Super Looper
Super Looper

Quote doggievacation Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:01pm
Still, the bottom line is to buy the helmet that fits you best.  I tried on every full face helmet I could get my hands on (FNA, Sweet, Predator, and Shred Ready) and the Sweet was the only one that fit snugly and securely.  So that 's the one I bought.

(Actually, I fit the original Shred Ready FF, so I ordered one and the first thing I saw when I pulled it out of the box was as note that said, "Redesigned for better fit!"  What it should have said is, "Redesigned to put your head in a vice!"  And that was without ANY of the fitting pads installed.)

Anyhow, try them all and buy the one that fits your noggin best and stays in place.  Full face helmets tend to rock back and forth much more readily than other helmets.  If that jaw guard is going to do you any good at all, it must not rock back with the slightest pressure.
Don't waste water!
H2Ohta
McNasty
McNasty

Quote H2Ohta Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:44pm
As with any helmet, fit is definitely most important. I wear the Shred Ready FF Black Gold and it rocks!!! It fits my head really well and the HOG strap is an added bonus. I love how well I can communicate with other paddlers. One thing I found with my old FNA Xstream was that it blocked my mouth so people could not read my lips. The shred Ready is definitely more open so you can see a person's mouth which definitely helps when you can barely hear what someone is saying. Great helmet!!!
H2Ohta
jella
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote jella Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:09pm
thats my future helmet...
Ellingferd
McNasty
McNasty

Quote Ellingferd Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:14pm
FNA xstream is 220, a bit steep but worth it. You wont have to buy another one and, if you do, you probably have bigger problems than getting another helmet.
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Quote rokmnky Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 1:07pm
I have one of the shred ready's and I love it. Took a couple of good hits but ended up getting a deal on a predator and switched over. I'm going to take the face off mine and use it to replace my old shorty play helmet that is worn out. Just have to paint it now since I ended up with the gay blue carbon look one.
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version