Professor Paddle: New Waterfall Record? vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: New Waterfall Record? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:58am
Just so all of ya know, the videographer of the Anton Immler vid lives in Bellingham so I believe that qualifies him as Local.
Just because someone is sponsored etc.  doesn't meant they get paid to kayak.  It usually means that they get free gear.
I can't believe that I read this entire thread.  I've always thought that imitation was a form of flattery.....
You all should make some rebuttal videos.
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
kurle
McNasty
McNasty

Quote kurle Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 2:16pm
this entire thread is exactly the kind of response they were looking for. if you dont care about it, stop posting about it. that makes the most sense to me.
justin
Big Boofer
Big Boofer

Quote justin Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:31pm
I personally liked the video.  It showed that they aren't afraid to make fun of themselves.
GHannam
Tricky Woo
Tricky Woo

Quote GHannam Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by huckin harms

are you trying to say that I was confused and this wasn't serious!  wait a sec....  I thought they were serious.  now I am confused  lol

Ba-hahahahahaha!!   
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 4:56pm
I guess what bums out people in the paddling is having something like that trivialized, and if he can do it in a dyngy what is stopping anyone?

Pro-kayakers might not get paid, but free gear goes a long way. And to use economic terminology, there are also significant externalities that come along with being in the pro "circuit", just like there are externalities that go along with being the President. The big man may "only get paid $200,000 a year" but they also have significant advantages that come with their job (plane flights, meals etc.). Not to say that pro kayakers are getting anything like that, be we can't say that they don't get paid because there are definite benefits that go along with sticking the logo of some company on your helmet.

But now I'm ranting econ. All-in-all I've decided that I no longer have an opinion on what they do, I guess I'm really just jealous that they get to dyngy off a 60 footer and I have to write a paper about Neo-liberal economic policy for tomorrow.

And Kurle is right, this thread probably is the motivation. But alas these threads are how I avoid neo-liberal policy papers. So here-here to Arm-chair quarter backs!
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
shrek
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote shrek Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 2:11pm
Well.  God damn.
SOPBOATER
McNasty
McNasty

Quote SOPBOATER Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:31pm
Is that Ross Henry in the pink helmet as the class 5 raft guide?
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version