Professor Paddle: whitewater search engine vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: whitewater search engine Post Reply Post New Topic
rokmnky
McNasty
McNasty

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rokmnky Replybullet Topic: whitewater search engine
    Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 11:49am
A friend forwarded this on to me. It's a search engine that only looks through whitewater websites. May be a useful tool to help weed out some of the extra crap you get from google. Check it out.

http://whitewatersearch.com/
IP IP Logged Send Private Message
Jed Hawkes
Rio Banditos
Rio Banditos

Quote Jed Hawkes Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 11:50am
Sweet find
The line will become apparent
978-273-7723
jzgold
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote jzgold Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 1:52pm
great, now when I search for blunt or dominatrix I won't have to hide my computer screen
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
pilom
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote pilom Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 4:50am
I'm actually the guy who made it. I'm definitely looking for suggestions for other sites to add or other ways to make it better. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Nik.
jzgold
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote jzgold Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:46am
Hold on a second, how did you know this website had a thread about your site, do you have some sort of magical device that lets you parcel through the nearly infinite amount of information available on the internet to find what is relevant to your query, specifically within the genre of white water???

oh yeah, I guess that is what you have...

The paddling website I use the most that isn't up there is searching for deals on craigslist, would there be a way to search within their results only containing the terms "whitewater" or "kayaking" and whatnot? It would be cool if I could search "used Werner sidekick" and find deals on places like mountianbuzz, here, and craigslist all in one place.
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 9:48am
www.searchtempest.com

Not boatertalk and boof but it does a few different ones and different cities
pilom
Viener Schnitzel
Viener Schnitzel

Quote pilom Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:23am
Actually Google Analytics told me I had gotten 20 hits from professor paddle and I hadn't written a post here so I figured I should check it out.

But yes I do have that magical device!

As for craigslist, the "For Sale" tab or whatever on the top of the results page was an ill fated attempt to search the "for sale" section of boatertalk but it doesn't work very well at all. Eventually I'd like to hit up NOC, MountainBuzz, BoaterTalk, Craigslist, etc. for that tab, but not yet. Any idea how I search craigslist in all locations? I _think_ I can set it up to search for "whitewater + <your search term here>" but I really don't want to set that up per location that craigslist hosts.

I'm getting about 2 requests for sites to add per hour and I do have a day job. That being said, sites are being added to the crawler all day today. The "sites" page will get updated when I go home.

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version