Professor Paddle: Robe put in vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Warehousing & Order Fulfillment vanlinelogistics.com Seattle Washington (WA) Commercial Relocation vanlinelogistics.com Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
Professor Paddle Professor Paddle
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Home Calendar Forum FSBO Gallery PPages Reviews Rivers Links
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch
Whitewater Forum
 Professor Paddle : General : Whitewater Forum
Message Icon Topic: Robe put in Post Reply Post New Topic
wwaddict
Paddler
Paddler

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wwaddict Replybullet Topic: Robe put in
    Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 4:44pm
There is a new gate and signs posting Private Property at the Robe put in. Not sure if this will mean that we won't be able to use it anymore or not. Nothing else has changed other than the new gate.

Also, no new wood. Everything is clean.

-joe
IP IP Logged Send Private Message Send Private Message
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:00pm
For Sale sign still up?
James
Admin
Admin
Sum Dum Guy

Quote James Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:04pm
Still listed for sale but it was like 70k and now its like 164k... haha that is a joke

http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?IS=1&ListingID=300683144
wwaddict
Paddler
Paddler

Quote wwaddict Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 5:19pm
for sale signs are gone. Hopefully no one's going to build a house in the middle of our trail. Or if they are maybe they can provide beers on the way down.
Erik
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:55pm
More info...

We went to run Robe today, and saw the new gate, which was unlocked.  New "no trespassing" signs as well :-(  Within one minute of us dropping gear at the put in, a sheriff rolled up on us and began to try and tell us that it was private property, and we weren't allowed to access the river.  I thought my world was crashing down on me.

Then...

The new property owners happened to be there, walked up to the gate, and we all talked for quite some time.  Bottom line, they allowed us to access the river, and seemed pretty open to kayakers using their property.  They were young and really nice, and just finished a two-week whitewater course themselves.  They had also heard about a "kayak/race/festival" in the area, and were stoked to hear about that.  They are pretty stoked on kayaking.

We'll post more info about our discussion soon, but I just wanted to get word out in case people were gonna hit Robe tomorrow (myself included), to tread lightly & politely.  We might have dodged a MAJOR bullet in having the right people buy this land.  Good stewardship should go a long way in this case.  Be respectful, and on your best behavior as always.

Paddled Robe at 5.3 today.  Good flow, beautiful day.  One item of note...T1 has wood on the left side slot (left of big boulder at the bottom of T1).  Two of us missed the middle boof, and went left and got over the log, but it's in play.  Shouldn't be there long, and could probably easily be removed on a quick scout recon-mission.

You could just smell the gnomes waking up from their summer slumber...
PowWrangler
PP Junkie
PP Junkie

Quote PowWrangler Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 8:17am
That's great to hear.  The odds of someone interested in kayaking buying the Robe put-in is almost to good to be true.  Let's do them right.

The gauge is around 6.6 currently.  I'm sure the gnomes are wide awake by now.
water wacko
Master Poster
Master Poster
Team Jackson

Quote water wacko Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 9:32am
Thanks, Eric. That is some good news.
Erik
Splat Wheeler
Splat Wheeler

Quote Erik Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm
So I guess I'll follow up with the point that this is by no means a done deal.  This was just the initial contact.  There were lots of questions yet to be answered.  The sheriff was very cooperative once the new owners gave us permission, however, he did stress that until all the right measures are in place, there might be other law enforcement employees that aren't as understanding.  So if you find yourself in a pickle, maybe just back er down until all the details get worked out.  There appears to be another potential access point about 1 1/2 miles upstream where Mt Loop comes right along the banks of SF Stilly.  A little extra flat water is worth not burning any bridges at this point.  Don't be parking at the normal put-in gate anymore.  Do the paca ranch parking.

Ovaries & Out...
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version